Vice President for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, R18363B
Vice President for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, R18363B
Depends on Qualifications
Bellevue WA, WA
Equity & Pluralism
Not Eligible for Overtime
The Vice President of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion reports to the President, serves as a member of the President's Cabinet and is the senior official responsible for the College objectives related to institutional equity, diversity and inclusion. The VP will provide strategic leadership and have administrative responsibility for researching, developing, implementing and maintaining a range of successful practices for supporting a College climate that values and prioritizes equity, diversity and inclusiveness. The VP will lead the work of assessing the effectiveness of institutional equity and diversity goals and outreach efforts, and is expected to lead Bellevue College to measurable improvements in educational and organizational climate and the recruitment/retention of a diverse workforce and student body. The VP will organize and lead an infrastructure to facilitate internal and external community engagement, develop partnerships to bring about transformational change and identify and support target areas to maximize the College's impact locally, regionally and nationally. The Title IX Office reports to this position. The VP works closely with colleagues in comparable positions within Bellevue College and participates in, and represents Bellevue College at relevant state, regional and national organizations committed to similar work.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components.Competitive salaryis within the Range stated above, and commensurate with qualifications and experience.Generous benefitspackage is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiplemedical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visitBenefitssection, next toDescriptionsection.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of ourmission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL DUTIES
Equity, diversity and inclusion strategies and initiatives
• Lead, develop, advance, and assume executive responsibility for insuring a holistic and integrated vision and plan on all major equity, diversity and inclusion strategies and initiatives that support the College's mission, core themes and strategic plan.
• Develop and maintain meaningful relationships and serve as the college liaison with external diverse and underrepresented populations, communities and agencies in the state and region, as well as with area institutions of learning, to advance equity and diversity and achieve mutual objectives.
• Provide leadership and partner with the VP of Instruction, faculty and college instructional entities to address and embed best practices in the development of equitable and inclusive curricula and pedagogical practice.
• Partner with Human Resources to develop, implement, monitor and track recruitment and hiring strategies to attract and retain a diverse employee workforce.
• Partner with the Office of Human Resources and other college entities to enhance, develop and implement employee professional development to support equity and cultural competencies, a climate of equity and inclusion and the overall college community to live, work, and interact productively.
• Partner with the VP of Student Affairs around student success services and strategies to ensure the framing of equity and inclusive practices.
• Provide oversight for the College bias incident protocols in coordination with different institutional processes that address hate crimes and incidents, conduct, behavioral concerns, employee relations, and Title IX developments.
• Develop and recommend criteria to guide the College's allocation of resources to support institutional equity and diversity plans and initiatives.
• Analyze, recommend, and develop policy improvements that remove barriers to student success for marginalized, underserved populations at the institutional, divisional, and departmental levels.
• Collaborate with other College entities to expand, develop and coordinate outreach and awareness programs with community organizations designed to increase the enrollment and success of traditionally marginalized, underserved student populations.
Department management and administrative
• Provide leadership, direction, support and training for employees for the Offices of Title IX and Equity & Pluralism, VAWA grant, and Social Justice Leadership Institute (SJLI).
• Serve as a member of the President's Cabinet.
• Effectively manage the department budget, including developing budget proposals and monitoring accounts.
• Represent the College at local, state, regional, and national functions, as appropriate.
• Resource Liaison to the Council for Inclusion and Diversity (CID)
• Lead the bias incident and hate crime incidents response team (BIRST)
• Develops internal communications to ensure the Bellevue College community is informed of institutional DE&I activities
• Stay abreast of best practices and current trends in diversity, equity and inclusion and use that knowledge to inform program and policy development work
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in a field relevant to the position. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Five or more years experience in progressively responsible roles in diversity, equity and inclusion including three or more years of supervisory and management experience in a college, university, or corporate setting.
• Experience providing leadership for diversity, equity and inclusion in educational organizations toimprove an equitable learning environment. Demonstrated work experience in implementing and assessing equity and inclusion strategies, initiatives and programs.
• Skills in facilitating dialogues with and amongst students, faculty and staff to nurture an environment of inclusiveness, collegiality, shared inquiry, shared responsibility and collective accomplishment.
• Ability to communicate with empathy, directness, flexibility and responsiveness, and work effectively with people with personal experiences, values and worldviews that arise from differences of culture and circumstances.
• Experience that shows equity minded and culturally competent leadership and advocacy skills.
• Experience that shows intentional and strategic relationship-oriented consensus-building skills to work within and across institutional boundaries to achieve equity and inclusion goals.
• Experience in professional outreach and representing an organization with diverse constituencies in the broader community.
• Ability to manage budget allocations and budget development processes. Experience with securing funding for diversity initiatives.
• Experience or education that shows in-depth understanding of the nature of organizational behavior and change that is transformative and tactical with regard to delivering tangible results.
• Ability to work collaboratively across divisions, bridge silos, and cross boundaries to achieve diversity, equity and inclusion goals.
• Successful experience in developing and implementing effective diversity, equity and inclusion programs.
• An effective communicator and spokesperson who inspires confidence and trust, especially in times of conflict and crisis and ability to influence college, community, and state constituents on key diversity issues.
• Experience reading and using data to drive decisions in order to communicate and educate the institution on implementing continuous improvement and sustainable change.
Applications received by 05/01/2019will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to a new hire, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How To Apply:
Click on the wordApplyat the top right cornerof the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter of no more than three (3) pages describing how you meet the professional and desired characteristics of the position
• Attach a current Resume, including educational background, professional experience, achievements and professional activities
• Attach a Diversity Statement of no more than two (2) pages that addresses the following: Describe and provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency