Business Systems Analyst II
The Business Analyst II reports to the IT/Enterprise Application Services (IT/EAS) department within the central technology division of Information Technology (IT). The Business Analyst is physically located in the Shared Services Division and works in close collaboration with the application developers in IT/EAS and the Shared Services staff.
The Business Analyst II is primarily responsible for the configuration and support of multiple applications (e.g. Kronos Time and Attendance, Applicant Tracking etc.), business process needs analysis, and HR/Payroll data reporting and analysis. This position will interface with Shared Services, software vendors, and IT/EAS application developers to maintain and support applications and interfaces. This position will also be responsible for responding to production support issues, coordinating system enhancements and upgrades, writing ad-hoc reports, performing business process needs analysis, managing cross-functional projects, and providing day to day application support to the Shared Services team.
- Functional subject matter expert on Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), including but not limited to the HR and Payroll modules within the University ERP, Ellucian Banner; Kronos Time and Attendance; and Applicant Tracking system.
- Provide application support to the Shared Services team.
- Perform functional configuration tasks to satisfy requests from end users for enhancements and fixes.
- Work with IT/EAS to coordinate design, testing, and deployment of system enhancements.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and track software issues to ensure resolution.
- Develop recommendations and coordinate issue resolution with Enterprise Application Services and software vendors. Document and communicate problem resolutions.
- Analyze current processes and tools. Make recommendations for development, improvement, or simplification.
- In partnership with IT/EAS Training Specialist and Shared Services, develop appropriate training materials to support end user training.
- Research, configure, and schedule standardized reports within the applications.
- Create ad-hoc reports, data queries, standard reports, and dashboards to support business needs.
- Responsible for multiple projects or large complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Primary technology liaison between the Shared Services team and IT/EAS.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled meetings with Shared Services and IT/EAS.
- Partner with Shared Services and IT/EAS development team to prioritize projects using IT prioritization rubric
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a business analyst position.
- 2 years of experience as an application administrator or business analyst.
- Experience with SQL.
- Degree in business administration, computer information systems, management information systems or other related field.
- Experience working with Kronos, Applicant Tracking System, and/or other HRIS applications.
- Experience with reporting software (Cognos, Tableau, etc.).
- Experience in higher education working environment.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.