Associate Vice President for Business Services (SJSU ONLY)
Job Title: Associate Vice President for Business Services (SJSU ONLY)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 24978
Job Code: 3300 Administrator IV
Department: Business Services
CompensationClassification: Administrator IV
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Commensurate with experience
FLSA status: Exempt
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
About the Position*This position is only open to current SJSU employees.*
The Associate Vice President for Business Services oversees the university supply chain and strategic partnerships in the following functional areas: contracts, procurement, accounts payable, asset management, distribution/mail services, commercial services (Spartan Shops), and risk management. The position is responsible for providing solutions and value to the SJSU community including streamlined procure to payment process, reducing or avoiding costs through strategic sourcing and supplier management, and ensuring the daily operations of the units are being carried out in a manner that supports achieving the university¿s mission and goals. In addition to serving the university community, the Associate Vice President will also oversees opportunities for shared services across auxiliaries and other CSU campuses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the Procure to pay process, from supplier onboarding through payment.
- Maximize cost savings/cost avoidance/revenue generation/risk management through spend management, payments modalities, and risk assessments.
- Improve campus engagement strategies to capitalize on consolidated opportunities.
- Expand supplier management strategies, emphasizing achievement of sustainability and accessibility goals.
Minimum Qualifications- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university (or foreign equivalent)
- Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM or CPM), or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO)
- Ten years of progressively responsible relevant experience, including at least seven years of experience directing an enterprise procurement unit
Preferred Qualifications- Master's in Business Administration or Public Administration or Juris Doctorate
- Experience working in public higher education
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment
- Experience working with the California State University processes, procedures and systems
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities- Knowledge of standard purchasing policies, practices and code of ethics, including administration of formal bid solicitations and contract management
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management policy and practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in supplier management and negotiation
- Skilled in employee management and staff development
- Ability to analyze situations to accurately adopt effective and compliant courses of action
- Ability to evaluate employee and departmental performance
- Ability to manage online content
- Ability to perform responsibilities with integrity, professionalism and courtesy
- Ability to maintain professional certification
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills
Posting DateApril 17, 2019
Application ScreeningApplication Screening begins April 26, 2019
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application MaterialResume
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Additional InformationSatisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment StatementSJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
Contact InformationOne Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046