Research Services Administrator
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-17
Job TitleResearch Services AdministratorAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentFinancial ServicesProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
The Research Services Administrator, under general direction, provides research administrative services to assigned area, to include drafting, reviewing, and negotiating subaward agreements, rendering post-award support to research and business units, managing cost allowability, sharing and matching, and coordinating efforts of multiple teams to improve efficiency and compliance in administrative tasks.
This position typically works Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. May work beyond normal office hours to include evenings, weekends, and peak times.
Provides support for grant administration, coordinating activities regarding requests and, implementation of procedures.
- Acts as financial manager for cost sharing and matching commitments associated with research agreements. Manages documentation for agreements and determines appropriate cost sharing sources of funds. Monitors cost sharing and plans for future cost sharing.
- Reviews grant expenditures for allowability.
- Prepares and maintains audit tracking logs
- Assists PIs in coordinating purchasing, hiring and travel related to grants.
- Reviews contract language and works with PI’s on resolving issues with sponsors.
- Ensures compliance with procedures, rules, and delegation of authority. Assists with monitoring Financial Conflicts of Interest and coordinates on updating annual disclosures and management plans. Assists with monitoring Nepotism issues, Responsible Conduct of Research compliance, and other compliance issues as necessary
- Drafts, reviews, prepares, and negotiates sub-award research agreements.
- Works with business units, including budget, payroll, accounting, human resources, and compliance, to ensure compliant post-award administration.
- Provides grant administration training.
- Monitors regulatory developments and provides updates as appropriate.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in grant administration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Oral and written communication skills.
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.