Alumni Engagement Coordinator
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU's remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
The Alumni Engagement Coordinator supports a team of advancement professionals serving a global network of DU alumni, families, donors, students and friends. The Coordinator manages several business functions within his/her assigned team including scheduling, customer service, and general correspondence. In addition to these business functions, the Coordinator is also responsible for partnering with the leader in his/her area to support them in efficiently and effectively managing their portfolio of responsibility. This may include assisting with programmatic strategies, executing stewardship and engagement activities, completing call reports, data entry and other activities.
The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will also be responsible for crafting and preparing high-quality professional documents, reports, and presentations as needed and will assist in managing special projects. Special projects may include (but are not limited to) organizing and facilitating small events, trainings, and other team activities; conducting research on donors, prospects, and alumni; recommending and implementing business process improvements. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator is also responsible for partnering with the operations team within Advancement to manage expense transactions, monitor budget activity, and prepare financial projections for his/her assigned team.
This employee must be able to multi-task and prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Attention to detail, commitment to quality, and ability to take initiative are essential to success in this position. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator must also be an effective, professional, and diplomatic liaison to a variety of audiences including University leadership, advancement staff, donors, alumni, parents, and other constituents.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- An understanding and attitude of customer service; ability to be very flexible and adapt to change.
- Must be able to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Willingness to take initiative, keep a positive attitude, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using judgment in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 years of professional administrative experience in a non-profit, sales, or education setting.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working at a university in an alumni engagement capacity.
- Volunteer experience or involvement with an alumni and/or constituency engagement community.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; some nights and weekends as required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on April 23, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The pay for this position is $20.50 - $23.00 hourly
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.