Program Assistant - Engineering
The School of Engineering at TCNJ enrolls over 700 students across undergraduate and graduate programs. The School offers Bachelor of Science degrees in biomedical, civil, computer, electrical and mechanical engineering; engineering science (with specializations in management and policy & society); and technology/pre-engineering education, as well as a Masters of Education in Integrative STEM Education. The School of Engineering has five departments including the Departments of: Biomedical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Integrative STEM Education. Additionally the school is home to the Center for Excellence in STEM Education, providing revenue generating professional development and service as well as grant-supported activities.
The Program Assistant is a critically important position providing direct support to the School of Engineering departments in their building. This self-motivated, independent staff member ensures that the office is operating in a professional manner and that all tasks are carefully managed for accuracy and timeliness. Even though the Program Assistant serves several kinds of customers, their primary customers are the department chairs and assistant dean who assigns department-related tasks. Additional interactions occur with other customers including: students, faculty, staff, parents, and external constituents and inquirers. The Program Assistant is a team-player, working with and coordinating with other School of Engineering staff members to ensure efficient and effective processes and solutions are implemented.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Data entry, gathering, tracking, analysis, and reporting for a variety of purposes including budgets, support of student enrollment across programs, changes of major, adjunct faculty and other staff contract processing, course scheduling, surveys, and special projects.
- Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Maintains a detailed calendar of work and documents processes and procedures related to this work, ensuring on-time and accurate completion.
- Recurring work must be anticipated and acted upon independently.
Knowledge and skills related to this position:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required, a master's degree is preferred.
- Experience working in or managing a professional office environment.
- Strong PC computer literacy including web-based applications.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Knowledge or ability to learn how to use TCNJ's enterprise systems, including Google Drives, Gmail, Oracle's Peoplesoft Campus Solutions, Concur, as well as other specialized enterprise systems.
- Ability and aptitude for independent problem identification, analysis, and solving
To enrich education through diversity, TCNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TCNJ has a strong commitment to inclusive excellence and has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages members of underrepresented groups and women to apply.