Denise Foderaro Research Scholar for the National Registry of Exonerations
Denise Foderaro Research Scholar for the National Registry of Exonerations Recruitment Period Open date: April 16th, 2019 Last review date: Friday, May 10, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled. Final date: Friday, Aug 30, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled. Description
The National Registry of Exonerations is recruiting for an Assistant Specialist for the position of Denise Foderaro Research Scholar. The Research Scholar will work on the staff of the National Registry of Exonerations at the University of California, Irvine. Duties include:
• Planning and executing research projects using the Registry’s data
• Planning and executing recoding and data cleaning projects
• Supervising student researchers
• Managing the Registry's social media presence
• Taking responsibility for community relations for the Registry
• Assisting with development for the Registry
• Editing and contributing to newsletters and reports published by the Registry
• Disseminate the work of the project to the public.
• Respond to inquiries from the public.
• Write reports on the work of the project
-JD degree,PhD degree or equivalent degree in an appropriate field;
-Understanding of criminal law and/or criminal justice system;
-Knowledge of research methods;
-Ability to write clearly and concisely and to edit the writing of others;
-A basic understanding of social media and other current ways of communicating, with the public, communities, and supporters;
-Independent self-starter who is effective at multi-tasking and has a demonstrated capacity to coordinate the work of others.
Applicants must apply on-line at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05245.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, writing sample, and names of three references all to be submitted through the AP Recruit system. Any questions regarding the position should be directed to Professor Simon Cole, [email protected].
Review of applications will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration applications must be received by May 10, 2019.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran
status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3-8 required (contact information only)
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information