Amherst College invites applications for the Office Manager position. The Office Manager is a full time, year round position, job group and level AO-5. The Office Manager supports the operational functions of the Counseling Center, ensuring the daily operations are efficient, student-centered, and well-coordinated, and provides administrative support to the Director, Associate Director, and Clinical Staff. The Office Manager regularly interacts with students, members of the campus community, and off-campus partners, providing clinical service delivery to patients. With a high level of discretion and confidentiality, as well as sensitivity, the Office Manager assists students who may be in distress and are in immediate need of services of the Counseling Center.
In addition, the Office manager takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Clinical Service, manage the electronic health record system (EHR) and prepare quarterly reports of service delivery
- In collaboration with the Director, manage the departmental office budget including prepare bimonthly expense reports; process all expenditures, assist with the preparation of fiscal year budget proposals; and maintain staff professional development spreadsheets
- Provide administrative support for projects, during staff searches, and onboarding new hires
- Process monthly leave balance sheets
- Schedule meetings and coordinate the on-call rotation for clinical staff
- Prepare staff meeting agenda, record and archive minutes, and send out action items lists
- Coordinate event logistics
- Oversee website and publication updates
- Conduct brief assessments and triage patients to determine level of care needed (e.g. routine, urgent or emergency care)
- Provide de-escalation, support, and immediate care for students in crisis
- Assist with coordinating hospitalizations and referrals
- Provides information to students, faculty and staff about mental health services offered, and how to access care
Front Desk Operations
- Manage front desk operations ensuring an effective and efficient patient flow
- Train and supervise front desk staff
- Answer phones and assist walk-in traffic as needed
- Associate's Degree
- 5 years of progressively responsible related administrative experience
- Working knowledge of basic medical or mental health clinic practices, operations, techniques, equipment, and terminology
- Experience with electronic health records and MS Office, and ability to learn and utilize new software and technology tools
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills including strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and function well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience or commitment to working with a diverse community
- Associate's Degree from an accredited Medical Assistant Program or equivalent education and experience in a medical office OR Bachelor's degree in social work or psychology or related mental health field
- Crisis intervention experience related to Mental Health
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign; Photoshop)
Interestedcandidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!