#98941 ED Neurocognitive Research Associate
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 04/18/19 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 04/29/19. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.DESCRIPTION
The UCSD Department of Psychiatry is one of the most innovative and productive academic departments in the country, offering challenging career opportunities in the diverse areas of advanced educational programs, cutting-edge research, and state-of-the-art clinical services. The department is committed to offering a dynamic learning environment and growing opportunities to its talented and dedicated employees.
Under supervision, the Research Associate supports neurocognitive research efforts aimed at improving our understanding of eating disorders and treatment. The incumbent will serve as the Project Coordinator for a new neuroimaging study of adolescent eating disorders. Duties will include: general study management which includes recruiting research subjects; screening for subject eligibility; coordinating subject appointments with facilities and staff; supervision of research interns; and data collection.
Data collection includes administering diagnostic interviews, questionnaires, behavioral assessments, neurocognitive measures, and acquisition of comprehensive fMRI datasets from eating disorder patients and controls. Duties also include maintenance of accurate and complete clinical research files; maintenance of study databases in Excel, Access and locally-developed software programs; ensuring compliance with study protocol; and assisting with grant and IRB progress reporting. The incumbent will perform general lab assistance as needed.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Theoretical knowledge of psychiatry, psychology, or related field as acquired with Bachelor's Degree in psychology or social sciences, and previous research experience in the related field.
Experience performing research duties in a clinical research environment. Experience with following a research protocol in order to screen patients for eligibility, initiate study procedures, and collect data.
Experience with collecting sensitive information and communicating effectively with a diverse clinical population while maintaining confidentiality. Experience with mandated reporting procedures.
Proficiency in using database software including Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, and Powerpoint).
Demonstrated experience administering computerized and paper assessments and self-report questionnaires.
Demonstrated working knowledge of DSM 5 criteria.
Demonstrated ability to work with research team including preparing and responding to data queries.
Experience administering detailed clinical interviews and assessing demographic information and mental health history.
Understanding of IRB and NIH annual and unexpected reporting including enrollment, withdrawals, adverse events, and protocol deviations.
Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills to communicate clearly, effectively, tactfully, sensitively, and patiently in-person, on phone and written to diverse population; including participants, faculty, and staff, including ability to administer face-to-face and telephone interviews and keep accurate and detailed records.
- Working knowledge of functional neuroimaging research methods of research participants that includes running the UCSD 3T MR scanners and experimental paradigms developed in the laboratory.
- Demonstrated experience administering neurocognitive assessments including Edinburgh Handedness, Wechsler Abbreviated Scale of Intelligence –II, Go/No-Go Task.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fMRI procedures and fMRI safety. Experience screening fMRI subjects for fMRI contraindications.
- Experience with Linux based programs including AFNI for neuroimaging data preliminary processing. Working knowledge of Qualtrics and E-Prime.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Must maintain current MRI Safety Training and Certification through UCSD Keck Center for functional MRI.
- Must be able to work various hours and weekends based on business needs.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.