Part-Time Alumni Engagement Coordinator, Daniels College of Business
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU's remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
The Part-Time Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving Coordinator assists the Director for Alumni Engagement, Daniels College of Business, with supporting the Daniels Alumni Advisory Board, managing event and retreat logistics, and executing alumni engagement programs for the Daniels College of Business constituency. This employee must be able to prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Attention to detail, commitment to quality, and ability to take initiative are essential to success in this position. The Coordinator must also be an effective, professional, and diplomatic liaison to a variety of audiences including University leadership, advancement staff, campus colleagues, donors, alumni, parents, and other constituents.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Customer service centric mindset; ability to be very flexible and adapt to change.
- Must be able to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a group.
- Willingness to take initiative, keep a positive attitude, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using judgment in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 years of professional administrative experience in a non-profit, sales, or education setting.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working at a university in an alumni engagement capacity.
- Volunteer experience or involvement with an alumni engagement community.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) April 26, 2019
The pay for this position is $18.00 - $19.00 hourly.
Candidates must apply online through www.jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.