Financial Aid Systems Manager
Posting DetailsPosting Summary Logo Posting Number STA00098PO19 Classification Title IT Technician III Internal Title Financial Aid Systems Manager Campus Upstate Work County Spartanburg College/Division USC Upstate College/Division Level Department UPS Financial Aid Band 6 Advertised Minimum Salary $39,960 Advertised Salary Range Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Location of Vacancy Spartanburg, SC Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per Week Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Type of Staff Position Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Basis 12 months Job Search Category Student Services About UofSC
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.Benefits for FTE, Research Grant or Time-Limited Positions Are Indicated Below
The University of South Carolina (UofSC), through the State of SC and Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA), offers employees a valuable benefits package, including health and life insurance, generous paid leave and retirement programs. To learn more about UofSC benefits, access the About Benefits section on the Applicant Portal at uscjobs.sc.edu.Research Grant or Time-limited positions may be eligible for all, some, or no benefits, based on the grant or project funding.Benefit Eligibility Type Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) South Carolina Retirement Yes State Insurance Programs Yes Annual Leave Yes Sick Leave Yes Position Description Advertised Job Summary
Under the general supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, this position will serve as the functional lead for Financial aid related systems including but not limited to Ellucian (SunGard) Banner Financial aid system. The position provides critical information systems support to the daily operations of the USC Upstate Financial Aid Office through consultation, data analysis, data maintenance and information systems process development. Participate regularly in Banner training and contribute to the processing of Financial Aid within the Banner system. Positively communicate and collaborate with the Financial Aid staff on Banner system and training needed. Advise the Financial Aid Office on the introduction of new updates/processes in Banner to keep pace with federal regulation requirements. Take a leadership role in the review and evaluation of the use of the Banner system for the Financial Aid Office and make recommendations for change if required. Performs FA counseling to prospects, parents, students, faculty and staff.
- Responsible for the implementation process and training within the Banner system as well as providing guidance and direction to the Financial Aid Office by communicating recommendations for change by continually evaluating the Banner system.
- Oversees all technology use and development, inclusive of Financial Aid systems and procedure enhancement, for the efficient delivery of Financial Aid.
- Works with the University IT Department to coordinate all technical issues and projects related to Financial Aid and coordinate and test periodic patches to the Banner Financial Aid system.
- Leads all reporting, automation, testing and system development efforts of the Financial Aid Office.
- Coordinates annual configuration updates and changes for each academic year to keep pace with federal regulation requirements. Investigates and proposes enhancements to the Financial Aid delivery system.
- Creates and runs queries, reports, analyzes data, and audits business processes as needed by staff.
- Troubleshoots, researches, and proposes solutions for any Financial Aid systems issues that are reported.
- Performs daily technology related functions including electronic data reporting to and from various external organizations.
- Liaison with other offices such as Registrar, Business Office, Admissions and IT to ensure Financial Aid procedures support University enrollment and retention efforts.
- Assists with counseling students prospective and current as well as parents, faculty and staff.Minimum Qualifications (Classified and Unclassified positions)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems or related field and 1 year related work experience or high school diploma and 8 years related work experience; or equivalency.
Successful background check is required.
Bachelors degree preferably in Business or Information Technology (or related field) and a minimum of 2 years of experience configuring and managing a Financial Aid Management System for a higher education institution. Experience with the Ellucian (SunGard) Banner system preferred. Prefer financial aid experience and familiarity with financial aid related software systems and aid modules. Prefer experience with student integrated systems.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
Must be prepared to integrate new processing system and software. Must show ability to manage multiple responsibilities with minimal error. Show strong ability to troubleshoot problems and make sound decisions. Harmonious working relationship with colleagues, all students, and families a must.Position Attributes Hazardous weather category Non-Essential Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No Posting Detail Information Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date 04/15/2019 If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 03/06/2019 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Positions are advertised for a minimum of five (5) business days on our job website. After five (5) business days, positions can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.Quicklink for Posting http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/53787 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status or genetics.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems or related field and 1 year related work experience or high school diploma and 8 years related work experience; or equivalency?
- * Are you willing and able to submit to a pre-employment background check that may include, but it is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history as a condition of hire?
- Cover Letter
- Other Supporting Documents