Off-Campus Recruitment Coordinator
Off-Campus Recruitment Coordinator
Job no: 496319
Position type: part-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Enrollment - Admissions & Financial Aid
The Off-Campus Recruitment Coordinator is a member of the staff of the Office of Admissions and contributes to the overall recruitment efforts of Bucknell University with a particular focus on supporting the off-campus recruitment and alumni/parent engagement initiatives of Admissions. Responsibilities include coordinating off-campus college fairs and regional events, corresponding with high school counselors and fair coordinators, and engaging with alumni and parent volunteers.
If you enjoy coordinating, organizing and collaborating on projects and events with a professional team consider joining our Admissions group.
The Off-Campus Recruitment Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Admissions, and works in collaboration with the Dean of Admissions and other Admissions team members.
• Coordinate and maintain all college fair activity for the Admissions staff.
• Oversee alumni/parent volunteer participation for approximately 50 college fairs each season including acquisition of and communication with alumni/parent volunteer representatives.
• Provide all support services for college fairs and receptions including communicating with admissions officers, high schools, and alumni/parents, sending materials, responding to fair invitations, securing payment for fairs, and managing between 400 and 500 spring fairs and approximately 700 fall fairs and regional receptions in Slate.
• Assist in the management of the database of alumni and parent volunteers.
• Secure alumni and parent volunteers to serve Bucknell representatives at regional college fairs, receptions, and informational interviews.
• Assist the counselor who oversees the Admissions alumni and parent engagement program with logistics related to volunteer identification, recruitment, communications, training, and recognition.
• Create agendas and compile minutes for the Off-campus Recruitment Committee meetings and retreats.
• Update annually the Off-campus Recruitment manual and create hard copies for new counseling staff.
• Assist counselors in the scheduling and coordination of virtual information sessions.
• Contribute to Bucknell’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Collaborate with staff in the Office of Alumni Relations to coordinate “Forever Bucknell,” a reception for graduating seniors who worked or volunteered in Admissions and Development.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to the standard office hours of operation, this position may require three to four Saturdays per year and limited evening work, which would be scheduled in advance.
• High school diploma
• Previous work experience in a professional office setting
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Demonstrated commitment to active participation in a community that celebrates diversity and inclusion
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
• Experience managing volunteers
• Familiarity with Google Applications (email, spreadsheets, forms, docs)
• Experience with Constituent/Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool (Technolutions Slate)
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 16 Apr 2019 Eastern Daylight Time