Executive Assistant for Athletics Finance
Job location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-18
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- You cannot save your progress for later once the process has started!
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
[email protected] or by calling 864-294-2217.Job Title:Executive Assistant for Athletics FinanceJob Family:Administrative SupportFull-Time/Part-Time:Full timeCompensation Grade:6HPay Type:HourlyDepartment:Athletic Director-4Job Summary:Under the direction of the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Affairs, the Executive Assistant for Finance serves as a final reviewer of all Athletics Department financial documents before documents are routed to Financial Services. Maintains financial records and process financial paperwork for the Athletics Division.Job Description:
1. Processes (reviews and/or creates) all of the Athletics Department’s daily financial Workday processes which include; expense reports, procurement card verifications, ad hoc requests, supplier invoices, interdepartmental invoices, etc. The Executive Assistant for Finance reviews the work completed by other staff members for accuracy and has authority to correct or return the work as needed in collaboration with the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Affairs. This process includes the following for both regular and designated/restricted accounts:
- verifying signatures, account numbers, and budget availability
- tracking purchase orders from original PO initiation through final invoicing and payment
- creating budget adjustments or correct misplaced charges or income
- creating and verifying interdepartmental invoices
- approving spend authorizations to travel
- tracking expense reports from original spend request through completion
- verifying deposit accuracy and coding of account numbers
- maintaining the required documentation for all Athletics Department budgets
- recording and paying all BSN invoices for Athletics; maintains files for all invoices
- reviewing and submitting credit memos as needed for gifting credit
- preparing all gift in kind credit memos
- managing Pepsi invoicing and comp product requests
- overseeing the UPS Campus Ship program
- processing requests and maintaining files for several athletic special funds
- confirming paperwork is included on those that require Compliance approval
2. Processes mail involving the above listed items and distributes to appropriate person/departments for approval.
3. Review all Athletics Department credit card transactions within the Workday system for financial and compliance correctness. Keep coaches and administrative assistants updated on policies related to processes and university changes.
4. Assists coaches in preparation of processing when their administrative assistants are not available to prepare the needed items.
5. Helps with maintaining all budget paperwork reconcile with data through Workday and Financial Services (80+ budgets). Assists Senior Associate Athletics Director for Internal Affairs as needed with oversight of the Athletics Department budget.
6. Delivers cash sale deposits to the Cashier for final processing.
7. Delivers donation deposits to Development on a weekly or as needed basis for processing.
8. Assists with the processing of yearly reports for:
Southern Conference Report
NCAA SAOF/Special Assistance Fund Report
NCAA Financial Submission
Year-End Fundraising Event Report for Athletic Sports
9. Manages the Athletics Department’s courtesy car program; temporary use vehicle changes and insurance requirements related to all type vehicles on behalf of Athletics.
10. Orders office supplies for all non-sport Athletics Department personnel.
11. Supports Cross Country/Track Head Coach with Elite Runners branding requirement needs.
12. Follows safety procedures.
13. Completes performance review process with supervisor to understand job performance expectations and how they fit into the department and university goals.
14. Performs other duties as assigned. The intent of this job classification description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions in this classification and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically present in this description.
Daily contact with co-workers, students, Development, Financial Services, and Administrative Services to exchange factual information and explanation of rules, regulations, practices or functions.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Responsible for own work. May assist or instruct other doing similar work; including student workers.
Tasks involve multiple procedures with interrelated processes and steps. Work involves choosing the appropriate option or procedure to follow and applying the established rules and procedures.
Errors may be detected within the department or section in which they occur, but may affect the work of others within the unit to trace errors and make corrections.
Reports To: Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Affairs
Work is performed independently on routine work, non-routine issues or questions are referred to the supervisor.
High School Diploma with 3 or more years of experience in an office environment with accounting responsibilities.
Ability to communicate effectively with others.
Experience in office software, including word processing and spreadsheets required.
Ability to manage multiple concurrent and competing priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Accounting experience/classes required.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years of accounting experience.
Ability to prepare and edit documents.
Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work is performed under usual office conditions.Education Requirements:Certification Requirements:Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):