Instructor Asian Studies
Job location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-12-07
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- You cannot save your progress for later once the process has started!
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
[email protected] or by calling 864-294-2217.Job Title:Instructor Asian StudiesJob Family:Furman FacultyFull-Time/Part-Time:Full timeCompensation Grade:FACPay Type:SalaryDepartment:Asian StudiesJob Summary:Furman University’s Department of Asian Studies seeks a Visiting Chinese Language Instructor for a three-year contract, with the possibility of renewal. We seek a charismatic classroom teacher interested in participating in the dynamic growth of the Asian Studies program.Job Description:
Candidates should have a Master’s degree or higher in Chinese language, Chinese linguistics, or related field; a strong passion for teaching Chinese language at all levels, native or near-native fluency in Chinese and English, and demonstrated training and experience Teaching Chinese as A Foreign Language. The Instructor joins a dedicated team of Chinese language specialists, and will help expand the Chinese language program. Responsibilities include teaching five courses per year, hosting co-curricular activities that support language learning, and participating in public outreach activities.
Submit one PDF of your CV, Cover Letter and Diversity Statement. Please indicate your last name on the PDF.
The Diversity Statement should describe how your teaching, scholarship, mentoring and/or service might contribute to a liberal arts college community that includes a commitment to diversity as one of its core values.
Three letters of recommendation should be submitted to [email protected] through Interfolio or directly to Dr. Zhang.
For further information about the position, please contact Dr. Dongming Zhang at [email protected]
Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.Education Requirements:Certification Requirements:Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):