Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist position within the University Development and Alumni Relations.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist will provide support to the overall efforts to the team while managing a small portfolio of external corporate and foundation relations prospects and donors. S/he will provide the administrative support to the corporate and foundation relations (CFR) team for corporate engagement across campus to ensure coordinated administration and a culture of collaboration.
The Corporate and Foundation Relations specialist will provide back up support to the associate director of foundation relations and can submit proposals to foundations as overflow requires. S/he will also work on progress reports for awards in process to St. Thomas.
The CFR Specialist provides programmatic support to the Corporate Engagement effort by managing formal research and collaboration with other development staff and external constituents to ensure seamless coordination and traction for top prospects and donors.
S/he will manage a small portfolio of corporate donors focusing on secondary assignment or top corporate prospects and uncovering new corporate donors and directly soliciting support to St. Thomas. The CFR Specialist will be the primary point of contact for institutional sponsorships across campus.
The corporate and foundation relations specialist will coordinate with the development and alumni relations team to provide research, briefings, stewardship and correspondence to corporate and foundation donors. They will assist the team in grant reports and meetings on campus.
1. In collaboration with the development and alumni relations team, develops and manages corporate engagement workgroup tools and strategy process and documents.
- Works with the director of corporate and foundation relations to track and monitor strategy for top companies and ensure traction towards proposals
- Updates action steps and helps record them in the database and communicates with the team as projects move forward.
- Ensures the accuracy of corporate and foundation constituent data that is entered or extracted from the database, making corrections or additions of data as needed;
- Coordinates meetings with key stakeholders across campus to ensure a unified vision and execution of top corporate prospects.
- In collaboration with the UDAR research team, determine the strategic ways to leverage the Tommie Network to further the progress on a corporate strategy.
2. Supports the entire CFR team ensuring the communications, projects and administration needs of the team are executed in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Support the associate director of foundation relations on progress reports for foundation awards
- Draft customized, timely acknowledgements for new gifts from corporations or foundation donors.
- Works with the associate director of foundation relations to put out a bi-monthly newsletter with the faculty development center regarding upcoming funding opportunities.
3. Manages a small portfolio of corporate and foundation donors with a focus on secondary support of top donors, discovery prospects and sponsorships. In collaboration with the rest of the CFR and UDAR team, the corporate and foundation relations specialist will receive ongoing training and mentorship to grow this portion of their role.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of development or related experience
- Experience in a higher education environment
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer