Information Officer II
Job Purpose: Work with unit management to develop and deliver information to the campus community through multiple communications strategies. Responsible for the content and images used on the web site designated for an academic, research or business unit. Support the unit by providing information to internal and external constituents and through general administrative and project support.
- Manage the collection, maintenance, and revision of information for the unit for internal and external constituents.
- Produce new website site content and update and revise existing content.
- Monitor site content for accuracy, timeliness, and consistency with Institute policy and unit objectives.
- Develop and deliver communications such as internal Wiki content and email communications.
- Respond to inquiries and requests.
- Provide general administrative support and/or assist with special projects.
- May be responsible for documentation of office procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Work Experience: Two to three years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires Working knowledge and skill in use of website tools and specialty software. Communication skills, written and oral, including teaching or public speaking. Organizational skills and time management. Ability to organize information effectively for different audiences. Ability to use charts and graphics to help explain processes. Teamwork and interpersonal skills. Problem solving and critical thinking. Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Working in higher education
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Experience using Adobe InDesign for creating forms and documents. Experience using CourseLeaf software suite for academic content management and curriculum governance. Experience using Drupal for web content management. Well-qualified candidates will demonstrate excellent writing skills.
- Additional Information: All applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter. If provided, professional portfolios and other writing samples will be reviewed. Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit management, administration and staff, students, faculty, and external stakeholders. This position typically will advise and counsel: unit management. This position will supervise: NA.
- Create and maintain accurate student academic records in compliance with applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- Ensure continuously satisfactory service through good management practices and responsible stewardship and utilization of resources.
- Establish daily business practices which reflect the most advanced technological methods available to improve customer service.
- Make student data available in easily accessible formats to departments for administrative purposes and research.
- Interpret Institute, Board of Regents, and governmental policies to faculty, staff, students, parents and the general public.
- Assess the effectiveness of services provided to ensure equitable and ethical treatment of all customers.
- The Registrar's Office at Georgia Tech will be a technologically advanced, highly efficient, customer-oriented, flexible organization adaptable to the changing needs of the Institute. It will deploy cutting-edge technologies and effective management practices to ensure that its resources are used wisely and to their full potential in the delivery of world-class customer service. It will create a work environment for its staff that fosters learning, creative thinking, effective problem-solving, and on-going commitment to excellence. Accountability at all levels will be a hallmark of its character.