Department Chair of Physical Therapy Assistant Program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive salary
Experience: 5 years’ experience in a clinical setting
Education: Master’s degree (Required)
License: PT or PTA (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
We are seeking a dynamic Department Chair of Physical Therapy Assistant for the College’s accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program. The Department Chair is the principal academic officer for a specific program and responsibilities include: day-to-day operations, assisting students toward successful program completion and staffing the classroom with instructors who support the mission of the college.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide academic leadership and select, train, develop, manage, and lead faculty and staff team members according to the guidelines provided by the Provost.
- Provide support to college and community relations activities while planning and implementing a budget including personnel requirements, program expenses, and capital needs.
- Support College programs designed to achieve student completion rates as outlined in the five-year strategic plan.
- Maintain compliance with accreditation policies and procedures.
- Update student achievement measures.
- Notify Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) of expected and unexpected substantive changes.
- Conduct all communication with CAPTE including Summary of Action (SOA), prepare and submit, Annual Accreditation Report (AAR), compliance report, Self-study Report (SSR).
- Supervisory responsibility.
General Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a clinical setting.
- Didactic and/or clinical teaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Licensing/Certification Required: Must have a valid Licensed PT or PTA
Physical Requirements: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Stooping. Bending body downward and forward.
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evening, overnight, and weekend hours.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
The institution is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for Department Chair of Physical Therapy Assistant Program
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly