10018205 System Support Specialist I (Internal Only)
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documents School/Department: IT Services Primary Location: Cochran Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for a System Support Specialist – Help Desk position for the Cochran Campus. This position provides specialized support for personal computers, printers, audio-visual equipment, and other hardware and software systems.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs computer lab hardware, software and peripherals.
- Installs, upgrades or repairs faculty and staff software issues; removes problem software programs; scans for and removes viruses, malware and spyware.
- Installs, maintains and repairs faculty and staff hardware; relocates computers and printers as needed.
- Installs and manages local and networked printers; replaces toner cartridges as needed.
- Provides information technology and audio-visual support for classrooms and campus events.
- Assists students with password and login issues.
- Assists students, faculty and staff with network and wireless connection issues.
- Researches, organizes and prioritizes a list of users requiring system upgrades.
- Evaluates and recommends hardware and software upgrades as appropriate; plans, tests, evaluates and installs equipment and software.
- Maintains Helpdesk
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years. Knowledge of the installation, maintenance and repair of computer hardware, software and peripherals. Knowledge of the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of audio-visual equipment. Knowledge of IT customer support principles and practices. Knowledge of network and server administration principles. Skill in the provision of customer support services. Skill in decision making and problem solving. Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public. Skill in oral and written communication.
Pay Grade 17
Review of applications will begin immediately. This position will remain open until filled.
Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “System Support Specialist I 4.15.19”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D