Full-Time English & Humanities Instructor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000875 Job Title: Full-Time English & Humanities Instructor PS Position#: 00000429 Position Status: Full-Time Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience. Classification: Faculty Department: English & Humanities POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note – A total of four (4) positions are available. Two (2) positions will be full-time contract, one (1) full-time contract Mexican American Studies/Puente, and one (1) Letter of Appointment.
Applicants must submit all materials on or before April 19th to be considered in the first round of interviews.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore English & Humanities courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit for and promote the English program.
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in teaching field.
- Must be able to teach face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online based classes
- Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field with a specialization in Mexican American Studies
- Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field with a specialization in Composition/Rhetoric
- PhD in English
- Previous experience teaching at a community college
- Knowledge of Blackboard
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's (or higher) degree in the teaching field or a Master's (or higher) degree and 18 graduate hours in the teaching field?
- * Do you have a Master's (or higher) degree in the teaching field with 18 graduate hours in Mexican American Studies?
- * Do you have a Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field with a specialization in Composition/Rhetoric?
- * Do you have previous experience teaching at a community college?
- * Do you have experience using Blackboard?
- * Do you have a PhD in English?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document