Director of University Honors Program
Posting DetailsPosition Information Academic Home Department: Honors College Posting Job Title: Director of University Honors Program Recruitment Type: Tenure-Track Faculty Position Details Full Time Faculty Rank: Professor Area of Specialty-Discipline: TBD - in a field of study offered at KSU Administrative/Distinguished Title - Working Title if applicable: Director, University Honors Program Position Status: Regular Faculty Tenure Track Status: Tenure Track Terms of Employment: 12-Month Contract Type: Full-time Date Position Available: 07/01/2019 Position Qualifications/Responsibilities Position Qualifications - Responsibilities:
• 12-month administrative faculty position housed in the Honors College; Academic Home Department TBD
• Administrative expectations include providing support and leadership for the Honors curriculum, enhancement of recruitment, retention, advising and academic and student engagement programming across two campuses; serving as an advocate for Honors students and programs; and developing professional connections across campus with honors faculty and departments.
• The University Honors Program director reports directly to the Dean of the Honors College.
• Teaching expectations include teaching a reduced load of honors courses and supervising student capstones.
• Service expectations include representing the Honors College on campus committees and as an ambassador of Honors at KSU to the larger community.
• The Honors Director is expected to attend and/or present at state, regional and/or national honors conferences.
• The Honors Director supervises a staff that includes an Associate Director, Assistant Director, Academic Advisor, and an Administrative Associate. The Honors College also houses a Director of National and International Scholarships and Fellowships.
• This position requires attendance at occasional evening or weekend events.
Required education, experience, skills (minimum qualifications)
• An earned doctorate or terminal degree in a field of study offered at KSU, or its foreign equivalent.
• Currently holds the position of tenured full professor, with a record of teaching, research and professional service that merits appointment as a tenured full professor. Must be able to meet tenure/promotion requirements in an academic home department at KSU. See KSU’s promotion and tenure guidelines at http://handbooks.kennesaw.edu/docs/faculty_handbook.pdf .
• Previous program leadership or administrative role(s)
• Prior experience in teaching and/or leadership of an honors program
• Prior experience in managing others and creating a positive team environment
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and cross-campus collaborations with academic departments, admissions, registrar and other units
• Evidence of strong organizational skills and initiative
• Evidence of a strong commitment to the principles of student and faculty diversity
• Evidence of a strong commitment to support of undergraduate research
• Strong oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
Additional desired qualifications:
• Record of involvement in collegiate honors organizations at state, regional and/or national level
• Record of experience with high impact practices, including but not limited to study abroad, experiential learning, learning communities and community engagement
Questions about the position opening should be directed to Dr. Rita Bailey, Dean of the Honors College, [email protected] See also honors.kennesaw.eduAdditional Information for Applicants
For additional information about the Honors College at Kennesaw State University, visit honors.kennesaw.edu.Application Instructions
Submit letter of interest, CV, unofficial transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire) and contact information for 5 references.
Review of applications will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, completed applications should be submitted by April 19th, 2019.Posting Details KSU Faculty Posting Number: 000760 USG Applicant Clearing House Position ID: 42532 Departmental/College Overview:
The Honors College of Kennesaw State University is home to the University Honors Program. The Honors College enrolls more than 1200 students on two campuses. Students in the Honors College work to achieve the designation of Honors Scholar or Honors Research Scholar, KSU’s highest academic honor. An additional designation is available for transfer students, that of Honors in the Major. The University Honors Program’s flexible curriculum allows students to participate in Honors and enjoy exceptional educational opportunities without extending time to degree.Kennesaw State University Campus and Location:
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.EEO Statement:
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Letter of Application
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire)
- List of Names and Contact Information of Five References