Assistant Professor in Toxicology and Cancer Biology
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleAssistant Professor in Toxicology and Cancer BiologyRequisition NumberFE01911Working TitleDepartment Name7H018:GRADUATE CENTER FOR TOXICOLOGYWork LocationLexington, KYType of PositionFacultyPosition Time Status Full-TimeTenure Track StatusTenure TrackRequired Education
PhD requiredRequired Related Experience
Experience in epigenetics, redox biology, cell signaling pathways, and/or metabolismsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The Department of Toxicology and Cancer Biology is recruiting an Assistant Professor who has expertise in epigenetics, redox biology, cell signaling pathways, and/or metabolisms. This position will focus 80% on research, 10% on teaching, 5% on service and 5% on professional development initially. After tenured the candidate will be expected to support themselves 30% with research grants.
Please include a CV and cover letter along with application. In addition, please provide the names and contact information for at least three references when prompted in the application. This information may be utilized to solicit recommendation letters from your references within the employment system.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to ApplyOpen Until FilledYesUniversity Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter