Assistant or Associate Professor in Management and Human Resources Management
Department:: Management and Human Resource Management
Locations:: Rochester, NY
Posted:: Apr 16, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Empire State College:
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 48-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 84,000 proud and successful alumni and partners while serving appropriately 17,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
Empire State College seeks applicants for a full-time, tenure track position in the field of Human Resource Management (which is in the Department of Management and Human Resource Management). Working in cooperation with local and statewide faculty and staff, the successful candidate will provide high-quality educational services to students in a variety of modalities (including online, independent study, and group/residency based courses), engage in an active scholarly agenda, participate in governance, and enhance the college's reputation across the state. The successful candidate will teach courses such as Human Resource Management, Human Resource Information Systems, Compensation and Benefits, and Training and Development. Candidates with the SHRM-SCP credential are particularly encouraged to apply.
The department is seeking to fill the position at the rank of Assistant Professor, but exceptional candidates may be appointed at the rank of Associate Professor.
- Doctorate in Human Resource Management or Management from a regionally accredited US university or comparable non-US university is required for a tenure-track assistant professor appointment
- Experience with or the potential to mentor and teach adults from diverse backgrounds at the undergraduate and graduate levels, contribute to academic program and course development, participate actively in assessment of student learning outcomes and institutional development, and pursue scholarly interests
- Possess strong communication and computer skills, and effective organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning
- Experience with learning technologies and online pedagogies, and innovative program delivery
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity issues in higher education or through community-based work
- Previous full-time college teaching experience
- Experience in business or industry; and those who are capable of teaching a broad range of human resource management courses
- Periodic travel will be required to fulfill college-wide commitments
- Office hours will vary to accommodate student needs, including some evenings and weekends
Rank/Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button :
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.