Seasonal Maintenance Mechanic, Building Maintenance
Seasonal Maintenance Mechanic, Building Maintenance
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
This is a seasonal, temporary, non-benefit based, part-time position with an anticipated assignment end date of September 15, 2019.
Under supervision, performs semi-skilled to skilled maintenance mechanical duties necessary to maintain all building structure, equipment, and furnishings on any USD property, such as repainting/replacing minor plumbing parts, cleaning sewer and drain lines, replacing light switches, and outlets, and outlets, repair/replace window screens and latches. Repair/replace thermostats, clean and maintains space heaters. Make minor repairs to furniture. Receives supervision from the Superintendent.
Performs semi-skilled to skilled level tasks related to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and heating trades in the following categories.
- Performs routine maintenance on all interior and exterior buildings and furnishings either on a work request or scheduled maintenance as directed by supervisor.
- Installs glass in windows, doors, and partitions.
- Replaces damaged ceiling tiles, floor tiles, and wall coverings.
- Repairs window screens, window hardware, and door closers.
- Works in a neat and orderly manner, cleans up daily at the end of each job.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good condition.
- Works with cement and plaster when required.
- Makes roof repairs as necessary.
- Works from ladders and scaffolding as well as in confined spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Substantial knowledge in one of the functional areas.
- Substantial skills at the semi-skilled level in other functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and maintain hand and power tools, typically used in the trade, in a safe manner.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Physical ability to perform indicated keys.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams or alone.
- Knowledge of University systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of space heaters.
- Basic skills in maintenance and repair procedures including preventative maintenance, breakdown repair and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to access input and retrieves information from a computer system for word processing, records retrieval and maintenance, research and communication purposes;
- Understands the importance of customer service and has the ability to follow-up as well as communicate to FM supervision and the campus clients
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to work assigned hours and may be assigned to work any shift
- Subject to occasional overtime and possible call back.
- Must wear a uniform prescribed and furnished by USD.
- May be called in for emergency work after hours or on weekends
- Must work individually or in teams coordinating assigned work with other groups and departments.
- May be assigned to work at any USD facility/location.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
$14.00 - $15.94 per hour
Special Application Instructions
Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Hours: 40 hours per week
Closing date: May 5, 2019
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/493631/seasonal-maintenance-mechanic-building-maintenance
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency