Edward A. Whitney Endowed Health Science Chair
With administrative guidance and responsibility to the NWCCD Sheridan College Assistant Director of Nursing and the Director of Dental Hygiene, and in collaboration with the Dean of Nursing at the University of Wyoming (UWYO), the Endowed Chairperson will provide Registered Nurse/Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN/BSN) advising for NWCCD students and practicing nurses in Campbell, Johnson and Sheridan counties as well as advising and educational support for the Dental Hygiene Program. This candidate must have the ability to work in an innovative way in partnership with students and participating educational institutions and health care facilities. This position is a 10-month designated part-time (benefited), administrative appointment for NWCCD.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a wide range of individuals and constituencies.
- Analyze and solve basic and routine problems.
- Interpret college and university policies and procedures.
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Minimum physical exertion: while performing the duties of the endowed chair position, the employee is exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force continually to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Job is largely sitting, but more than sedentary walking or standing may be required. Work is light as job tasks are done sitting, but considerable upper body or arm movement or use of leg controls is involved.
- Most work takes place in usual office working conditions, where the noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises. Travel and evening and weekend hours may be necessary to attend required college events and/or meetings.
- Eligibility for licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Wyoming.
- Five years’ full-time experience in nursing.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in education/distance education/rural nursing.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field required. Doctorate in nursing or related field preferred. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Commitment to continuous learning as evidenced by experience, independent research and evidence of continuing education efforts.
- Employer paid retirement plan (9.87% employer paid; .7.25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Nine days paid annual leave
- One day paid personal leave per semester
- Five paid holidays per year
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee tuition waiver
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu