Building Control Systems Operator
DescriptionJob Purpose: Maintain the technical aspects of the building automation systems utilizing Johnson Controls, Metasys, and other devices throughout the Housing Department. Support the operation and maintenance of the facilities assigned to the Department of Housing. Coordinate throughout the department with various technicians, contractors and management to ensure safe energy-efficient systems applications and peak daily performance.Major Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering support and preventive maintenance of building automation systems equipment by procedures outlined.
- Collaborate and review work orders generated by students and staff.
- Generate work orders to correct various alarms in Metasys System.
- Provide leadership and supervision of contracts to complete upgrades or contracted jobs.
- Recommend alternatives and optimal solutions for system changes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Must have strong multitasking, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Working knowledge of basic computer applications, with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel Windows operating system, and knowledge of building automation systems and heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems; Technical ability in electrical and mechanical systems and troubleshooting; Basic knowledge of engineering tools and regulations; Working knowledge of procurement procedures and preparation of bid documents; Ability to read, understand and interpret technical manuals; Excellent planning, motivation, unsupervised action and judgement, and problem solving skills; Proficient corrosion testing, mechanical, and electrochemical capabilities; Skills in hands-on analytical techniques, metallographic experience, and management.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Job: Auxiliary Services
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Auxiliary Services
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2019, 9:48:22 PM