Assistant or Associate Professor of Chemistry (F148)
Position Tracking Number: F148
School/College: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Department: Biology and Chemistry
Location: Azusa Campus
Description: The Department of Biology and Chemistry invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Chemistry. Applicants with the ability to teach undergraduate courses in one or more of the following areas will be given special consideration: quantitative chemical analysis and instrumental analysis. Applicants are expected to perform productive research with undergraduate students and integrate Christian faith into teaching and scholarship.
The successful applicant will be teaching in an undergraduate department with 18 full-time faculty members that teach allied health, biology, biochemistry, and chemistry major courses, service courses for other STEM majors, and general education courses in biology and chemistry.
Review of applications will begin September 15th and will continue until the position has been filled.
- Teach upper- and lower-division lecture and lab courses in Chemistry (up to 24 teaching units per academic year)
- Conduct research involving undergraduate students
- Integrate faith and discipline in teaching and scholarship
- Participate in mentoring and academic advising of undergraduate students
- Participate in department and university affairs
Level: Assistant or Associate Professor
- An earned doctorate in chemistry
- Demonstrated ability to teach a broad range of undergraduate chemistry courses
- A commitment to teaching excellence in an undergraduate, liberal arts program
- Knowledge of the field with a record of scholarship and a willingness to conduct research in an undergraduate setting
- Desire to mentor undergraduate students in their course work, research, and career goals
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University
All candidates should have experience teaching chemistry at the university level and an active research program and/or relevant experience in industry.
Workload: Full-time; up to 24 units of teaching per academic year
Hire Date: Position begins August 16, 2020. Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self-starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Successful candidates will align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin September 15, and the position will remain open until filled.