Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Program Coordinator - O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law
The Program Coordinator exists to enable smooth functioning of the O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law's Initiatives, and to assist Initiative staff and leadership with project and administrative needs. The Program Coordinator is responsible for a range of administrative tasks and functional areas, including event coordinator and management, travel booking and logistics for staff and external partners, financial tracking, invoice processing, budget reconciliation, general research, writing, and copy editing. Duties include but are not limited to:
Project Management Support
- Responsible for Initiative's administrative logistics, including coordinating travel, events, convenings, meetings, calls, and other activities with a wide array of internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages calendars and travel logistics to facilitate Initiatives' project work; uses judgement to troubleshoot logistical issues under supervision of Initiative Director.
- Assists project team with daily operations and administrative needs related to project work and overall Initiative goals; able to track and assist with managing many moving project pieces simultaneously.
Communication and Collaboration
- Facilitates communication between Initiative Director, project team, and external stakeholders such as sub awardees and subcontractors to complete project deliverables.
- Works closely with Communications Associate to publicize relevant events, publications, and pertinent information.
- Assists with outreach, invitations, and event logistics for Initiative events.
- Assists with stakeholder tracking and data entry related to maintaining a comprehensive contact management system.
Financial Coordination and Budget Tracking Support
- Responsible for coordinating with third party consultants to register them as suppliers in the Georgetown University system.
- Tracks invoices, is prompt to follow up with partners to ensure smooth financial processes and transactions.
- Reconciles ProCards and processes expense reports for Initiative leadership; responsible for coordinating expenses across multiple projects, under the supervision of the Manager of Finance and Initiative Directors
- Prepares and organizes information to accurately track project expenses for Initiative teams, under supervision of the Manager of Finance and Initiative Directors.
Research and Writing
- Facilitate Initiative projects by providing background research support, as well as drafting and copy editing tasks.
- Under supervision from Directors, support Initiative goals by conducting background research related to potential funding opportunities.
- B.A. or B.S. (no specific major), and one to two years of office management experience, preferably in a non-profit environment setting
- Ability to manage calendars and handle scheduling requests, experience with institutional communications, events management and logistics, ability to work with changing priorities in a fast-paced, results driven environment across multiple stakeholders
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, basic troubleshooting skills with Zerox photocopiers, and working knowledge of both Microsoft Windows and Apple operating systems
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, preferred.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Program-Coordinator_JR06318
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency