Assistant Director-Recruitment, Transfer
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Asst. Director - Recruitment, Transfer
*This is a bilingual position
This position performs transfer specific recruitment and outreach duties including but not limited to the coordination and implementation of admissions advising at regional community colleges; liaison to academic departmental advisors; liaison to the Senior Director of Articulation and Transfer Policy; coordination of transfer visitations to campus; knowledge and appropriate dissemination of University transfer policy and practice; supervision of two transfer positions and two on-campus Admissions Advisors and support of general admission duties and functions.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resource Services at [email protected] to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.
Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. involving recruiting materials.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Higher Education Administration; Marketing, Communications or related field;
- Previous work experience in admissions, transfer recruitment or student advising;
- Bilingual Ability: Spanish;
- One year or more of supervisory experience;
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events and multi-day recruitment trips, which will require a valid Driver's License and clean driving record;
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding transfer admission and records management;
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies;
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite and SCT Banner (or equivalent); proficient user of laptop computer, projector, and cell phone; two years increasingly responsible office experience;
- Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. involving recruiting materials.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Personnel, Public Relations or related field;
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs from planning through implementation to completion;
- Demonstrated knowledge about Eastern Washington University and programs available;
- Demonstrated knowledge in recruiting transfer students and evaluation of credits;
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team;