The University of Denver is a medium-size (12,000 students) private university located in a thriving metropolis at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The Department of Biological Sciences focuses on two areas of research and teaching; 1) Cell and Molecular Biology including biophysics, neuroscience, cell signaling, and developmental biology, and 2) Ecology, Biodiversity including behavioral ecology, plant-insect interactions, conservation biology, restoration ecology and evolution. The department offers undergraduate majors of study including Biology (B.A./B.S.), Molecular Biology (B.S./B.S.), Ecology and BioDiversity (B.A./B.S.) or Integrated Sciences (B.A.).
The Department of Biological Sciences has an opening for a lab research technician in the Asensio lab. This position reports to Dr. Cedric Asensio and will conduct full time research and assist in maintenance of the laboratory equipment and supply management. Funding for this position is provided by an external grant. The position may be terminated if and when funding expires.
The successful candidate will conduct full time research and assist in maintenance of the laboratory equipment and supply management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will possess knowledge of cell biology and/or molecular biology and/or biochemistry.
- The successful candidate will have a B.S. or a B.A. and possess knowledge of cell biology and/or molecular biology and/or biochemistry.
- The successful candidate will also have a minimum of six months work experience in a cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry or neuroscience research lab.
1. Standard lab environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on May 1, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly rate is $15.50.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.