Institutional Research Analyst (Vice President for Student Affairs, Division of Student Affairs)
CUNY Institutional Research Analyst (Vice President for Student Affairs, Division of Student Affairs) in New York, New York
Job Title: Institutional Research Analyst (Vice President for Student Affairs, Division of Student Affairs)
Job ID: 20376
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Institutional Research Analyst will report to Director of Enrollment Management. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Institutional Research Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
• Extracts data from databases, integrates multiple data sources and builds a research project data set
• Monitors data quality and be responsible for the accuracy of the data and the maintenance of the data set throughout the research project
• Analyzes academic data using descriptive and inferential statistical methods
• Produces meaningful reports in collaboration with the Enrollment Management
• Collaborates with a team of project coordinators and researchers
Bachelor's Degree required.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitatively oriented social science, education, psychology, or related discipline
• Minimum of 1 year experience in quantitative data analysis (experience in social science or institutional research preferred, related course work may apply)
• Extreme attention to details and the ability to work confidentially with sensitive data.
• Proficiency in Excel and a statistical software package such as R, SPSS, or similar is required.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Basic understanding of relational database properties.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists with Institutional Research projects, data, and reports.
Coordinates the design and maintenance of Institutional Research databases.
Works with large complex data sets, including exporting/importing from various sources, cleaning data files, and maintaining historical records.
Assists with the design, production and administration of survey instruments, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
Prepares and runs reports for internal and external constituents.
Works with others in the College community to assure high-quality information and reporting.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Institutional Research Analyst
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience ($39,282- $45,957).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin April 16, 2019.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.