Opportunity for a Licensed Professional Counselor Harrisonburg, Virginia
Job location: 1947 MEDICAL AVE
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-12
The incumbent will provide mental health assessment, counseling, and consultation in an office setting to patients in the pediatric age range, birth to college age and to their families within a medical multidisciplinary treatment team. Position will involve evaluation and treatment of pediatric mental and emotional disorders, ADHD and related disorders and coordination of treatment services with other community resources. The incumbent will provide mental health services through assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of the patient’s health and wellness. Duties may include insurance verification and authorization, patient preparation, treatment, patient/family education and teaching. The Employee provides crisis intervention when indicated and assessment and interpretation of educational and psychological testing. The Employee will provide legible, timely, and appropriate documentation in the patient chart. The Employee will code and diagnose all patient encounters in accordance with CPT and ICD-9 requirements. These tasks will be performed in accordance with established practice policies, procedures, routines as well as general verbal and/or written instructions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment and counseling treatment for mental health and emotional/behavioral problems, for pediatric and adolescent patients and their families.
- Consultation with other providers within the multidisciplinary team in accurately diagnosing and treating pediatric patients and providing follow-up for patients and families.
- Identification of community resources for referral and follow-up for patients and their families for mental health treatment.
- Coordinating functions of the ECC program in consultations with other ECC providers.
- Legible, timely, and appropriate documentation in the patient chart.
- Coding and diagnosis of all patient encounters in accordance with CPT and ICD-9 requirements.
- Participation in community outreach and educational activities.
- Follows any OSHA, HIPAA, or Safety requirements for procedures, confidentiality issues and documentation.
- Maintains a current fund of knowledge in pediatric mental health by taking part in sufficient CME or other educational programs.
- Performs other various duties as may be assigned/requested or when needing to be done, to ensure high quality and timely clinical care of patients, effective support of practice operations and patient satisfaction.
Please contact Ellen Gilliland @ [email protected] or call Ellen @ 434-970-2489.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):Education:· Master’s degree in a counseling related field· Must have a current, valid, unrestricted license as a Licensed Professional Counselor by the Commonwealth of Virginia.Experience:
- Two years of experience required
- Basic knowledge of and experience utilizing a personal computer.
- Basic word processing skills required.