Director, Assessment Services
Delaware County Community College, a competency-based institution, committed to diversity invites applications for a Director of Assessment Services in our Assessment Services department.
The Director of Assessment Services is responsible for the coordination and administration of all Delaware County Community College Assessment Services including all testing programs, student support systems, the transfer of credit process and the credit for prior learning processes. The Director provides assistance with academic advising support and leadership for all Assessment programs and services at all sites.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: -
- Coordinate the daily management of the Assessment Services Office and Marple Campus Testing Centers including supervision of the Assistant Director for Student Support Systems, Assessment Advisors, Testing Administrator, Educational Advisors, and Instructional Assistants.
- Supervise the Transfer of Credit process including final authorization, staffing, and evaluation of domestic and foreign transcripts, TAOC, Academy One and Banner Transfer Articulation.
- Supervise the Credit for Prior Learning administration and process.
- Supervise the administration of all testing at the Marple Testing Center and other campus locations. Testing includes DCCC Placement tests, tests for English as a Second Language, National and Residual ACT tests, Pearson-Vue and Certiport tests, CLEP and PRAXIS tests, Nursing and Allied health tests, Intercollegiate tests, computerized tests and tests approved for documented accommodations.
- Supervise the Assistant Director for Student Support Systems. Oversee the development, training, and maintenance of Banner processes, Degree Works, Student Educational Planner, Advisor Assignment, and Starfish.
- Support the Grade Exclusion and Course Substitution Process.
- Support the Director of Advising with the coordination of Walk-in registration days, new student registration sessions, and advisor assignment.
- Coordinate the recording of all appropriate test scores into students' records.
- Work with math, English, Reading and ESL faculty, as well as other appropriate faculty and staff to develop, coordinate, validate and monitor testing programs.
- Support the Testing Administrator and site managers with the timely development of testing schedules for all campus locations.
- Serve as the alternate administrator for the National ACT test.
- Administer placement testing for high school partnerships.
- Coordinate testing of external groups.
- Oversee the entry of Educational Change codes and summarization of Educational Change activity.
- Serve as an academic advisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice Provost for Student & Instructional Support Services.
The ideal candidate must have: -
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Education or related field
- Flexible schedule for evening and weekend testing programs
- Knowledge of Banner and Degree Works.
- Experience in test administration and transcript evaluation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Pennsylvania Act 153 Clearances
Applicants are required to either present to human resources current and valid PA Act 153 clearances or be able to obtain them expediently.
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.