Assistant Director, Alumni Regional Outreach
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAssistant Director, Alumni Regional OutreachDepartmentAlumni RelationsFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeRequisition NumberS19549Open Date04/12/2019Close DateSalary Information
Salary Commensurate with Experience and QualificationsWork Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.Benefits EligibleYesEligible for OvertimeNoPosition Summary
Reporting to the Director, Alumni Regional Outreach, the responsibilities of the Assistant Director, Alumni Regional Outreach include overseeing outreach and alumni involvement in regional group programs; developing annual and long-term strategic and alumni program planning in collaboration with a variety of campus colleagues; and managing and cultivating alumni volunteers. The Assistant Director, Alumni Regional Outreach will work closely with colleagues across Development and Alumni Relations to ensure quality programming is offered in a wide range of locations outside of Houston.Education RequiredBachelor's DegreeMajor/DisciplineSubstitution for Education Requirement
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.Education Preferred
Rice degree.Experience Required1 yearType of Experience
Professional experience in a nonprofit or higher education environment which includes experience in one or more of these areas: managing volunteers, large-scale event management, relationship cultivation, program development or other related experience.Substitution for Experience Requirement
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.Experience Preferred
Three years professional experience in the following:
- Volunteer and event management
- Using and working with database information systems
- Working in alumni relations. development, or volunteer management in a college or university setting
Must possess (or have the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire) and maintain a valid Texas driver’s license with no more than three moving violations and/or at fault accidents within the past 36 month, and no convictions or deferred dispositions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the past five years.License/Certification PreferredSkills Required
- Ability to learn new strategies
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Data analysis skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly understand and remember details about alumni/donors and projects to which they are assigned
INTERNAL: Frequent contact with many offices within the university, including all offices within the division and other administrative and academic offices. May include the President’s and Provost’s Offices as well as division heads, department chairs, students, faculty, and other staff members.
EXTERNAL: Extensive contact with Rice alumni; frequent contact with both internal and external vendors as well as others having business with the Development and Alumni Relations Division.Physical Demands
- Must be able to move about the campus easily
- Must be able to lift, carry, and set up materials (<20 lbs) as required for events
This position requires approximately 30% travel and the ability to work nights and weekends as needed.Security SensitiveYes Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://jobs.rice.edu/postings/19228 Job Duties Job Duty NameESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSDescription of Job Duty
- Develops, contacts, and maintains relationships with alumni, faculty, students, staff, and vendors
- Recruits faculty and volunteers to facilitate their participation in alumni programs and events
- Develops and implements a range of alumni events, programs, and services
- Coordinates operational and logistical planning of alumni events, activities, outreach efforts, and event registration
- Maintains calendars on events including arranging meetings, travel, and document preparation
- Produces reports and analyze the performance of alumni programs and services
- Recruits and oversees student workers and temporary/casual workers
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have one year of professional experience in a nonprofit or higher education environment, which includes experience in one or more of these areas: managing volunteers, large-scale event management, relationship cultivation, program development or other related experience?
- * Do you possess (or have ability to obtain within 30 days of hire) and maintain a valid Texas driver's license?
- * Have you had four or more moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the past three years?
- * Do you have any convictions or deferred dispositions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the past five years?