Temporary Staff Assistant
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Temporary Staff Assistant Department Development Temporary Temporary Full-Time Requisition Number T19020 Open Date 04/12/2019 Close Date Salary Information
Salary Commensurate with Experience and QualificationsWork Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.Benefits Eligible Yes Eligible for Overtime Yes Position Summary
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, Talent Management and Organizational Development, the temporary staff assistant will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day activities and providing overall administrative support to the Division of Development and Alumni Relations’ Talent Management team. Typical duties include but are not limited to: maintaining team calendars for internal and external meetings; coordinating candidate travel, interview schedules and room bookings; assisting with new hire onboarding and other HR related actions with internal partners; assisting with the preparation, delivery, retention and maintenance of search committee and employee related documents; ensuring accurate and complete documentation is maintained concerning all phases of the hiring process; entering new or changed information into various systems and / or programs with a high level of precision; preparing various reports, checklists, presentations; collecting data related to organizational performance metrics and the execution of employee related events.Education Required HS Diploma or equivalent Major/Discipline Substitution for Education Requirement
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.Education Preferred
Bachelor’s degree.Experience Required 1 year Type of Experience
Office experience with a variety of general administrative tasks.Substitution for Experience Requirement
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.Experience Preferred License/Certification Required License/Certification Preferred Skills Required
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications
- Ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail to and ability to apply logic and identify errors and miscommunication
- Ability to listen and ask questions as appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion
- High level of critical thinking to identify alternative solutions
- Ability to be flexible with change; works well in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment
- Strong ability to organize work, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze and work within spreadsheets and provide recommended actions or resolutions
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel and a comfort with technology
Internal: Will mostly communicate by telephone and in writing with division staff and have occasional contact with other departmental representatives on campus, particularly in human resources.
External: Will mostly communicate by telephone and in writing with applicants, search firms, and travel agencies.Physical Demands
Long hours spent in front of a computer. Open office environment.Security Sensitive Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.rice.edu/postings/19218 Job Duties Job Duty Name ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Description of Job Duty
- Greets visitors and routes them to appropriate individuals, answers phones, and serves as a resource on procedures and general inquiries
- Distributes routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters
- Enters data into basic tables, reports, and spreadsheets, makes copies, and monitors and orders office supplies
- Arranges meetings and assists with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals and assembling materials
- Makes travel arrangements
- Creates and maintains files and filing systems
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have one year of office experience with a variety of general administrative tasks?
- * Please provide the salary or range that you would require or consider for this position.
(Open Ended Question)