CLOSED: Admissions Counselor / Assistant Director of Enrollment
POSITION: Admissions Counselor / Assistant Director for Enrollment
POSITION CODE: 4334
DEPARTMENT: Graduate & Professional Enrollment; School of Business Enrollment Team
LOCATION: Temecula Campus
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience and Education
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: April 12, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Campus Director, the Assistant Director for Enrollment assists in all phases of recruitment and enrollment of prospective students wishing to enter programs in the School of Business at the University of Redlands. Position has primary responsibility for recruiting prospective graduate, post-traditional and professional students through strategic outreach, person-to-person counseling, and corporate and educational outreach.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
• Working strategically to recruit, counsel and enroll prospective School of Business students.
• Representing the School of Business in strategic outreach with prospective corporate and education partners, and in frequent recruitment events for the purpose of lead generation.
• Providing timely and professional responses to all inquiries and applicants (walk-ins, telephone inquiries, direct mail responses, internet and interactive leads, etc.) to schedule appointments, meet in person or by telephone or skype, and enroll into appropriate programs.
• Counseling prospective students on admission requirements, enrollment procedures, financial aid options, alignment of academic goals with career options, etc.
• Monitoring progress of prospective student files; requesting, collecting and distributing documents and supplemental materials as needed.
• Managing and ensuring consistent and frequent follow-up with all prospective students to ensure positive yield. Assisting in new student registration and orientation.
• Utilizing enrollment-based CRM to communicate with and manage prospective students.
• Producing and monitoring enrollment reports, participating in technology training, tracking daily activities, and ensuring and upholding data integrity of system files.
• Developing and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders and representative of strategic partners.
• Recruiting prospective students via activities such as Lunch ‘n Learns, benefits fairs, college fairs, community outreach, and targeted outreach at school districts, community colleges and the state education systems.
• Performing other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area is required. A minimum of three (3) years related work experience in a higher education environment. Master’s degree and experience in higher education recruitment, graduate or transfer student recruitment, counseling, professional coaching, career or student services, customer support, or sales training is preferred. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to attend education fairs, meet with other institutions’ advisors or transfer directors, and corporate, community and educational partners. This position includes working some evening hours each week, as well as occasional Saturdays. Successful candidate will have familiarity with higher education enrollment practices and university environments; ability to work with persons of wide range of skills, educational background and experiences; knowledgeable of graduate and post-traditional student needs; and high level of independent judgment, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to master the University’s information system and enrollment CRM, and to consume and manipulate data is critical for success in this role. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER