Research & Planning Specialist
Request/Posting Number 0711886
Classification Title Research & Planning Specialist
Working Title Research & Planning Analyst
Job Class # 487000
Type of Position Administrative Professional
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100
Department Planning, Research, and Policy Analysis - 03490000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The Research and Planning Analyst supports the mission of the Planning, Research, and Policy Analysis office by providing information, analysis, and planning in support of decision-making that advances the mission of the University. This position will be responsible for a variety of planning and institutional research activities, including institutional data analysis and data reporting.
Required Qualifications 1. Bachelor's degree
2. Experience in the area of institutional research, data analysis, and/or survey research.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
4. Understanding of data analysis and research data design techniques
5. Demonstrated experience using query tools in a variety of environments
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including data manipulation and professional writing.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
8. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Experience with reporting systems, report writers, and/or enterprise resource systems
2. Experience in development of report creation using tools such as Cognos, Power BI, Business Objects, or Tableau
3. Experience in presentation of data analysis to customers
4. Knowledge of and/or experience in higher education
5. Experience with statistical analysis software, such as SPSS
6. Master's degree
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Bachelor's degree
Hiring Rate/Range Commensurate with Experience
Work Hours Generally Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with occasional weekend and evening hours as business needs dictate
Proposed Starting Date: ASAP or June 2019
Posting date 04-12-2019
Closing date 05-03-2019
Special Instructions to Applicants All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), a writing sample, and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity, and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Clay Gruenwald
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to perform sedentary work involving sitting the majority of the time.
2. Ability to maintain a high level of concentration.
3. Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).