Language Arts Instructor, Part-Time (non-credit), Adjunct Faculty Pool
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleLanguage Arts Instructor, Part-Time (non-credit), Adjunct Faculty PoolRequisition NumberFAC00290General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The goal of TRIO Upward Bound is to increase college enrollment and graduation rates for students from low-income households or from homes where neither parent has earned a bachelor’s degree. The program provides academic support, emotional encouragement and assistance with the college application and financial aid process as a means of overcoming social barriers to higher education.
The TRIO Upward Bound Program at the Community College of Philadelphia is in search of an experienced, energetic high school Language Arts/English to facilitate a writing and critical thinking class for rising 10th -12th graders from the Philadelphia School District participating in this extra-curricular college prep program.
*Applicant credentials will be kept on file until the end of the 2019-2020 academic year with the intent to hire additional instructors for the forthcoming semesters.Specific Responsibilities
• As a part-time faculty member within the TRIO Upward Bound Program, this instructor will provide instruction in Language Arts to develop writing and critical thinking skills to high school age students.
• The class will be held at the main campus of the Community College of Philadelphia on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning Monday, June 24 and ending Wednesday, July 24, 2019. There are three sections of the class, each one hour long with approximately 12 students per class. Classes begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 12 p.m. 3 hours per day x 3 days per week=9 hours a week for 5 weeks.Minimum Qualifications
• All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
• Teaching experience required; preferably in a high school setting.Preferred Qualifications
N/AWork LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 3 professional referenced REQUIRED.
• The position will close on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankAdjunctSalary Range$35.00 per hourJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have teaching experience?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts