Executive Director, Student Activities, Inclusion & Leadership
Posting DetailsPosition Information Min Salary Compensation is based on qualifications, experience and internal equity in addition to a generous benefits package. Working Title Executive Director, Student Activities, Inclusion & Leadership Campus Location Greeley FLSA Exempt Position Type Executive Administrator Posting Text Posting Number 201500668P Job Summary
Date of Notice: 4/8/2019
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position: Full-time, benefited, exempt administrator
Open until filled: For best consideration, apply by April 22,
Location: Greeley Campus
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Executive Director of Student Activities, Inclusion & Leadership performs administrative work and oversight for the implementation of student development programs promoting co-curricular engagement, leadership, and personal growth. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the operations of the Student Activities, Inclusion & Leadership department including but not limited to Center for Diversity and Inclusion, Student Government, Student Clubs and Organizations, Arty’s Pantry and similar support services, Commencement planning and oversight, and Student Programming. Employs a variety of media to market and inform students of programs and services. Work is performed under minimal supervision under the strategic direction and leadership of the Vice President for Student Engagement, Inclusion, and Success.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
Direct and administer institution-wide co-curricular events:
1.Forecasting, planning, developing, promoting, and evaluating programs and services focused on providing a diverse student body with opportunities for personal growth and leadership development on all four Aims Community College campuses.
2.Creates and manages the internal communication system(s) to promote student events, programs and services.
3.Develops and implements procedures and guidelines for student programs and organizations; recommends and interprets College policy, and issues direction for implementation while monitoring and maintaining compliance.
4.Provides leadership in relation to student activities, clubs, and organizations.
Provides leadership, oversight, management, and supervision of the day-to-day operation of the Student Activities, Inclusion & Leadership & Center for Diversity and Inclusion:
1.Hires, trains, supervises, provides professional development for, and evaluates department staff.
2.Designs and implements comprehensive strategic programming for promoting student engagement and persistence.
3.Represents Student Activities, Inclusion & Leadership and Center for Diversity and Inclusion departments within the Division of Student Engagement, Inclusion, and Success across all campuses and externally.
4.Directs and supervises the development of departmental communication and marketing plan along with production of informational materials pertaining to student events including both print and online media.
5.Leads departmental assessment of learning outcomes and evaluates program competencies.
Prepares, and recommends annual budget, ensures compliance, develops goals/activities for Strategic Plan:
1.Develops and oversees the annual budget based on data that supports the College’s guidelines and strategic goals; monitors budget expenditures; exercises budget authority for all departmental accounts.
2.Negotiates services and fees with private sector organizations in relation to speakers and other events.
3.Develops strategic plans, goals, and recommendations focused on student success/retention initiatives for department.
4.Develops departmental goals and objectives, operations and processes, and works with community resources to develop opportunities for students
1.Develops relationships/collaborates with other offices, faculty and staff to ensure programs and services support student learning.
2.Maintains strong partnership with Academic Affairs, collaborates with faculty, and academically focused co-curricular offerings.
3.Develop projects and pilots that serve students on all of the Aims Campuses.
4.Oversight of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion in coordination with Program Director II in creating a space that features an inter-sectional environment that is open to all students.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1.Knowledge and application of student development theory and programs.
2.Skill in supervisory practices and techniques; skilled in presenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing; high level skill in student event programming.
3.Ability to communicate effectively, comprehensively, across the institution and throughout institutional organizational structure.
1.Valid Driver’s License.
2.Master’s Degree in Student Personnel, Education, Social Services, or a related field, which provides the below knowledge, skills and abilities, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
3.Plus three (3) years’ experience of supervision within Student Affair with demonstrated experience in the following:
•Developing sustainable program models, promotion and communication plans, and evaluation processes and protocols;
•Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through;
•Preparing budgets, supervise purchases, track revenue, and provide expense control;
•Assessing programs to identify student needs and evaluate the effectiveness of student programs;
•Applying college policies and procedures, best practices and compliance requirements to student programs and events;
•Utilizing emerging technologies and internal communication systems to promote student programs and services;
•Applying supervisory principles, practices, and methods; demonstrated experience with staff supervision;
•Strong presentation skills; Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing; Ability to articulate the role of student development programs to students, faculty, staff, and outside constituencies;
•Strong problem solving, critical thinking skills, and communication skills;
•Developing and maintaining effective and potential driven working relationships with individuals within and external to one’s working division;
•Ability to work independently;
•Application of college safety and security protocols appropriate to work performed;
•Demonstrated understanding of the role student development plays in student success and retention.
•Demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and social justice.
1.Five or more years of work in student leadership or campus activities.
2.Community College experience
For best consideration, apply by April 22, 2019
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.Employment Requirements
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the “Work Experience” section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Management/Supervision Philosophy