Program Coordinator - Living Learning Communities
The University of Denver's Learning Communities and Civic Engagement (LCCE) Department is pleased to announce the full-time, benefited position of Living and Learning Communities (LLC's) Program Coordinator. DU's LLC's provide students with a unique opportunity to integrate academic and residential experiences to build personal character, intellectual curiosity and community engagement, by establishing a strong foundation for their university experience and beyond.
This position serves to provide administrative support, co-curricular program development and coordination, and curriculum support to the undergraduate Living and Learning Community (LLC) programs in general and specifically two LLC's: International LLC (22-30+ first-year students) and Innovation & Entrepreneurship LLC (22-30+ first-year students). The position reports in a matrixed relationship primarily to the Executive Director for the Learning Communities and Civic Engagement department as well as the faculty directors of the assigned LLC's and Program Manager of LLC's.
Strong preference will be given to graduate students at the University of Denver who are entering their first year of studies.
- Co-curricular program management: Collaboratively develop, plan, coordinate, advise and implement special events, orientation, retreats and speakers, and student development opportunities for the assigned LLC's; develop, advise and supervise student leadership committees and Resident Advisors for co-curricular programming; coordinate and deepen the civic and community engagement focus of assigned LLC's.
- Office management: Develop and maintain assigned LLC budgets using the Banner system; develop and maintain communication processes with students, faculty, parents, alumni and other friends of the programs; maintain and update website and collateral communication pieces; provide administrative assistance to assigned Faculty Directors, faculty and adjunct professors; communicate with university and outside vendors and organizations as necessary for programming.
- Coordinate marketing, recruitment, selection and student retention of assigned LLC programs.Work with overall LLC department to strengthen all recruitment efforts and fill specific floors with qualified, motivated students.
- Team Contribution: This position requires interaction with a number of departments and committees throughout the University. It will include: collaboration with co-workers to accomplish overall vision and goals of the LCCE department, including LLC co-programming and civic engagement initiatives; coordinate with relevant academic departments related to the LLC's themes; collaborate with non-academic departments and committees such as HRE, Student Life and Student Advising.
- Train and supervise 1-2 student employees per quarter.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 year administrative or program planning experience
- Appreciation for residential and co-curricular learning, passion for student development, passion for academic issues related to wellness and social justice themes and demonstrated a commitment to community engagement as a pedagogy.
- Previous experience working in Higher Education, or enrollment in a graduate degree program at the University of Denver
- Previous experience working closely with students in an advising or mentorship role.
- CPR/AED Certification
Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30, some weekends and evenings as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by April 30, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter addressing your:
- Appreciation for residential and co-curricular learning
- Passion for student development
- Passion for academic issues related to wellness and social justice themes
- Commitment to community engagement as a pedagogy
- Experience working in the above areas, if any.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.