Clinical Lab Scientist - Core Lab (Relocate to Charlottesville, VA)
Job location: National
Employment Type: Other
Posted data: 2019-04-11
Relocation assistance available per UVA Medical Center policy. Please contact Monica Morgan at 434-243-9321 or [email protected] for additional information.
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an Clinical Lab Scientist 1. See below for additional.
Responsible for performing complex procedures for clinical diagnostic purposes.
- Performs patient and Quality Control (QC) testing
- Develops skills and maintains competency in assigned laboratory areas.
- Maintains proper inventories and correctly uses supplies and reagents.
- Monitors equipment performance diagnoses malfunctions and makes repairs or initiates service requests. Ensures a smooth transition to the next shift.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality safety and compliance programs.
- Investigates documents and resolves routine problems or complaints.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) or Bachelor’s Degree in biology chemistry or related science
Experience: No experience required
Licensure: ASCP or equivalent certification within 18 months of hire
The department will only consider candidates that have either medical laboratory experience or training.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods; Repetitive motion: typing. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.