Full-Time HVAC Instructor (Huntsville Campus)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000864 Job Title: Full-Time HVAC Instructor (Huntsville Campus) PS Position#: 00000125 Position Status: Full-Time Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 12 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience. Classification: Faculty Department: HCLC Applied Sciences POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Huntsville Center offers a variety of academic and technical correctional education programs to TDCJ offenders. This is an instructional position within a correctional environment teaching an all-male offender population. Offenders are required to meet academic and security requirements for enrollment consideration.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore level HVAC courses to college students in Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening and summer classes.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit for and promote programs at the Huntsville Center.
- Attend all college events.
- Research and develop cutting edge course curriculum.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position. Candidate must pass criminal background screening with Lee College and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate’s (or higher) degree in a qualifying field
- Three (3) years of related, non-teaching work experience
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a qualifying field
- Five (5) years of related, non-teaching work experience
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's (or higher) degree in a qualifying field?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree in a qualifying field?
- * Do you have three (3) years of related, non-teaching work experience?
- * Do you have five (5) years of related, non-teaching work experience?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3