Purchasing Associate II
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Purchasing Associate II purchases materials, scientific equipment and services and office/business supplies for an FDA regulated Biologics research and manufacturing facility. Checks requisitions, obtains quotes, examines bids and makes awards. Evaluates vendor reliability; develops new supply sources, as required, in which current vendors and suppliers are inadequate. Coordinates purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventory at planned levels. As required, monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality and quality at best value.Responsibilities
- Performs tracking to ensure that all purchases are entered and are appropriately categorized in Oracle.
- Processes requisitions in accordance with departmental procedure. Ensures end user receipt within specified timeframe. Investigates and resolves outstanding purchase orders.
- Tracks and reconciles all credit card purchases
- Negotiates pricing terms and conditions with vendors
- Identifies variances between purchase orders and invoices and reconciles differences.
- Queries and interprets data from Oracle and produces reports related to purchasing.
- Ensures that all purchases are in compliance with University Policy and state regulations.
- Effectively manages communication within MassBiologics, UMMS and external vendors.
- Maintains and stores all necessary purchasing related documentation in an organized manner.
- Assist with training and support for Oracle; Iprocurement, Purchasing.
- Identifies year-end close-out activities and assist with managing the year-end process.
- Ensures critical matters are escalated to management and resolved in a timely manner.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Ability to follow instructions precisely , recognize deviations, and recommend corrective action within scope of training
- Working knowledge of UMass and Commonwealth of MA purchasing regulations
- Capable of moderately complex troubleshooting
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel and other relevant electronic systems
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to multitask and consistently meet deadlines
- Possesses well developed attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate records and excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with others and to train others.
- Demonstrated initiative through past experience
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Requires ability to work flexible and, at times, extended hours to meet business needs