The Cashiers Office is responsible for the collection of payments as well as departmental deposits. The Cashier position requires working closely with students, parents and staff in a fast paced environment.
Job duties include assisting in the timely collection and processing of tuition, loan and related payments. Counsels students and parents on payment options, procedures, deadlines and the status of their account. Prepares daily bank deposits. Balances cash drawer daily to ensure accuracy and reconciliation of actual and recorded funds. Works with Staff Accountants to reconcile all cashiering reports. Researches cash and check payment problems and corrects errors. Prints and organizes daily cashiering reports. Works with University department staff ensuring accurate, timely, processing of all department deposit activity, including credit card activity.
- Provide quality customer service counseling to students and parents on payment procedures and options
- Processes student payments, collection payments, departmental deposits (check, cash) in One Step and Banner
- Cash personal, petty cash and work study checks
- Approves credit card Banner entries
- Research any misapplied payments
- Handles walk in traffic
- May verify and correspond with departments and Controllers Office regarding departmental deposits and payment research.
- May communicate with Wells Fargo and Third Party Payment Company
- May make adjustments on student accounts for returned payments and Wells Fargo Corrections.
- Reviews and verifies all checks and cash received for deposit to University bank accounts
- Enforce University hold policy to protect the University from incurring additional liability and the student from additional debt
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic and intermediate algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
- Strong user skills in automated computer system environment. Strong customer service skills.
- Multiple task management and prioritization.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in process improvements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Accounting, bookkeeping and auditing capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and strong attention to detail
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years customer service experience to include 1-2 years related cash handling experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Ellucian Banner knowledge.
- 3 + years customer service experience in include 3-5 years cash handling experience
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on April 26, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
the hourly range for the position is $16.27 - $16.48.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.