Head Womens Swimming Coach
Request/Posting Number 0711880
Classification Title Head Womens Swimming Coach
Working Title Head Women's Swimming Coach
Job Class # 470000
Type of Position Administrative Professional
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100% FTE
Department Intercollegiate Athletics - 07130000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The head women's swimming coach is responsible for the overall success, performance and conduct of the women's swimming program. The coach is responsible for supervising, planning and coordinating the activities of the women's swimming and diving teams. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining a high standard of program excellence which includes proven success recruiting high-level, academically eligible student-athletes; development of the team/players; coaching; supervision of staff; management of the program budget; scheduling of contests; and public relations/donor relations. The head coach is responsible for conducting any duties or activities with integrity and within the rules of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference and/or Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVC or MVFC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State University, and the Athletics Department.
Required Qualifications 1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Proven ability to recruit, train and develop high-level women's swimming student-athletes.
3. Proven successful college coaching and recruiting experience.
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Master's degree.
2. Minimum of two (2) years' experience coaching and recruiting collegiate level women's swimming.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Bachelor's degree
Hiring Rate/Range Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Work Hours TBD - will include nights, weekends and holidays
Proposed Starting Date: June/July 2019
Posting date 04-12-2019
Closing date 05-02-2019
Special Instructions to Applicants All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity, and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Clay Gruenwald, Human Resources
Departmental Homepage www.goredbirds.com
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to remain alert while working long hours
2. Ability to remain standing for long periods of time without breaks
3. Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions
4. Ability to work flexible shifts
5. Ability to work quickly and accurately during peak periods or during emergency situations
6. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis