Patron Sales Assistant - 3 vacancies (part-time)
Patron Sales Assistant - 3 vacancies (part-time)
Job no: 492618
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Categories: Retail Services
Role: Patron Sales Assistant
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person, students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the colleges mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:Flexibly scheduled with both weekly hours during regular Box Office hours and frequent night/weekend event staffing as needed
Rate of Pay:$13.13
Job Summary:The Patron Sales Assistants (PSAs) provide excellent customer service to all clients and patrons and upsell/maximize sales revenue for instructional, community, and Arts Center (auxiliary unit) events. PSAs are responsible for extensive/mulifacted customer service communication with patrons, students and community members\; collection of sensitive patron data\; and use of a sophisticated ticketing system to process ticket payments, refunds, and exchanges for Arts Center patrons both over the phone and in person in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. PSAs exercise a great deal of autonomy when analyzing/problem-solving performance-related problems, patron issues, and emergency situations.
Required Knowledge, Skills &; Abilities:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Minimum of one year customer service experience.
3. Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
4. Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with customers, including the ability to describe a wide-range of events and explain seating options and ticket pricing and sales policies.
5. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail while taking initiative and working collaboratively in a team environment.
6. Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and comprehend within a diverse population over the phone, in person, and via email.
7. Ability to self-educate and maintain extensive knowledge of hundreds of events per year.
8. Ability to perform duties under little of no supervision.
9. Strong computer skills. The ability to learn, comprehend, and stay current using a sophisticated and evolving ticketing system to conduct sales, refunds, and exchanges.
10. Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
11. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Desired Knowledge, Skills &; Abilities:
1. Customer service in the ticketing, entertainment, non-profit arts or hospitality industries preferred.
2. Previous experience processing cash and credit card transactions using a point of sale system preferred.
3. Past box office/ticketing system experience preferred.
1. Conduct complex sales and marketing transactions by phone and in person using the Arts Center&rsquo\;s ticketing system. Accept and process all forms of ticket payments-including cash, checks, debit and credit cards.
2. Communicate diplomatically with patrons and community members via phone, email, in person to sell/upsell and to notify patrons of special marketing promotions and/or major events changes (e.g. cancellations, rescheduled events).
3. Process all required reports for the box office.
4. Process daily deposits and deliver to Student Accounts.
5. Assist with the sales and settlement/reconciliation of merchandise sales. Ensure that the Box Office&rsquo\;s cash merchandise bank settles and secure all merchandise proceeds in the Box Office.
6. Coordinate day of event sales and customer service for up to 800 attending patrons. Problem-solve all patron seating issues\; troubleshoot rental client and artists&rsquo\; management ticketing issues.
7. Coordinate with Patron Services Assistant and the Event Coordinator to convey house size, ADA accessible seating needs and any other special patron and rental client requests.
8. Exercise autonomous authority to refund/exchange tickets and adjust fees to mitigate/resolve customer service issues and maintain customer relationships.
9. Serve as first contact and provide college-wide information for all campus visitors using the West Building H (Arts Center) campus entrance.
10. Know and communicate Arts Center, college, artist, and rental client information and policies.
11. Create and maintain a Sales Reference Guide on upcoming artists, performances, and events so that the Box Office team can confidently and uniformly serve as experts on upcoming events and are able to convey this knowledge to patrons and potential patrons.
12. Act as back up to the Patron Services Assistant.
1. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
Elgin Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 04/18/2019 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Colleges EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: April 10, 2019 Central Daylight Time