WEB CONTENT SPECIALIST - MARKETING COPYWRITING
WEB CONTENT SPECIALIST - MARKETING COPYWRITING
Posting Number: SRGV3814
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: University Marketing and Communications
Scope of Job:
To create, edit, and manage content on the University's website(s), with a focus on compelling, accurate, and search engine optimized (SEO) content. Responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting on website analytics, and recommend and implement updates to improve web performance.
Description of Duties:
• Works with internal clients and subject matter experts to create and update compelling content for the University’s websites and ensure adherence with branding guidelines.
• Establishes and maintains a content review schedule, conducts trainings for web content editors as necessary, and helps manage activities in order to increase organic search rankings.
• Understands internal clients’ goals and marketing plans and work with them to research, develop, and write appropriate and engaging content for their websites.
• Develops and implements an ongoing review plan for web content accuracy and standards.
• Conducts a variety of research for web projects and provides analysis and recommendations as necessary.
• Participates in ongoing implementation of SEO recommendations and works to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented.
• Performs ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization, and uses results to optimize copy and landing pages in order to drive visitors to University websites/landing pages.
• Updates the website with approved content as necessary via the content management system (CMS).
• Implements ongoing web accessibility updates to ensure website compliance with accessibility standards.
• Develops strong working relationships with team members, internal clients, and departments throughout the University.
• Coordinates multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, driving follow-up and awareness of deadlines both within marketing team and with the client.
• Builds and maintains assigned client relationships, keeps informed on project status and additional requirements, and provides information on new or enhanced services.
• Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Two (2) years of experience performing related duties.
Experience with basic HTML and keyword research tools, web content management systems, knowledge in web analytics and web accessibility tools and standards and experience in using graphic design tools for basic photo editing.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and an aptitude for making quick, quality decisions.
• Strong sense of customer service, and consistently interacts with clients with a high standard of professionalism.
• Strong organizational skills and able to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/15/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20890
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency