Transcript Conversion Specialist
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number S02903P Working Title Transcript Conversion Specialist Department Registrar's Office About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department
The Office of the Registrar is the steward of official student academic records and is responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and security of those records. The office is committed to fulfilling its role in the educational mission of the University of Georgia by providing effective and efficient academic support and assistance to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University.College/Unit/Department website www.reg.uga.edu Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Full/Part time Full Time Work Schedule Additional Schedule Information
M-F 8am-5pmAdvertised Salary $30-$36K Posting Date 04/10/2019 Open until filled No Closing Date 04/22/2019 Proposed Starting Date 05/13/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants
cover letter and resume requiredLocation of Vacancy Athens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification Title Administrative Specialist / Coordinator Pay Grade FLSA Exempt Job Family FTE 1.00 Minimum Qualifications
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree and three years of related experience.
Two – three years experience with web applications, quality assurance and/or analytical processing.
Strong Excel skills required.
Banner or higher education experience preferred.
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment are essential.
Knowledge of UGA’s academic policies and procedures desired.
Knowledge of UC4, Argos reports, Secure Reports, Send Files a plus.
An understanding of academic records and/or transcript processing a plus.
Under the direction of the Sr. Assistant Registrar, the Transcript/Conversion Specialist serves as the primary point of contact for daily transcript processing. Responsibilities include navigating the transcript issue protocol checklist, acting accordingly with EITS or the vendor, and communicating responses until resolution is achieved. This position also is primary on processing test scenarios as needed for upgrades, patches, or UC4 job resolution.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
The successful candidate will have excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills. Sharp attention to detail and ability to grasp and retain complex concepts is a must. Experience with MS Office Suite required. Ability to collaborate and multi-task in a fast-paced environment is essential. Experience with Banner a plus.
Ability to proactively validate data and prevent problems.
Ability to download large datasets in Excel and extract discrepancies.
Ability to make judgment calls on data entries.
Ability to offer options with unusual student scenarios.
Must understand FERPA guidelines and possess strong communication skills. Must be self-motivated and be capable of issue resolution.
Work at a computer for a significant amount of time.
View multiple spreadsheets on a computer screen at one time.
Work in a busy environment and be able to focus.
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
• Troubleshoots, conducts analysis and responds to daily helpdesk type issues related to individual orders.
• Monitors, investigates and resolves any potential problems with the daily processing of transcript orders.
• Writes emails to students and alumni to address transcript problems.
• Serves as primary on transcript job promotion (TEST to PPRD, PPRD to PROD) tasks such as processing test scenarios.
• Analyzes electronic UC4 jobs and files to identify gaps/patterns.
• Liaises with EITS and local technical team to resolve issues.
• Serves as subject knowledge expert of the Parchment request system, the daily flow process, and the UC4 schedule.
• Serves as vendor liaison for ticket resolution.
• Represents UGA at vendor user groups.
• Takes ownership of conversion tasks such as deciphering legacy data and making transfer articulation corrections.
• Recommends targeted and prioritized conversion clean up to facilitate more efficient transcript processing.
• Maintains business processes and troubleshooting protocol as appropriate.
• Prepares weekly transcript metrics report.
• Executes the testing of transcript generation for any major student information system or vendor upgrade.
• Supports the Experiential Learning transcript deployment.
• Routine transcript assignments;
o Reviews transcript .LIS files as part of the prep process for post conversion
o Data integrity tasks such as identifying inaccuracies; researching legacy
o Makes corrections to academic records.
o Liaises with the Graduate School on ongoing course level corrections.
o Conducts daily student id look up process.
o Separates .lis files for daily validation.
o Prepares and processes special handling of transcripts.
o Packages paper transcripts.
Test Score Processing
• Processes weekly test score uploads.
• Manually loads test scores such as International Baccalaureate and Holland/Grit scores.
• Runs and troubleshoots Credit from Testing Banner job to post credit.
• Responds to emails about test scores.
• Assists with testing of automation and score uploads.
• Validates entries.
Academic Support Services
• Assists with various data clean-up activities.
• Assists with non-course university requirements for graduation.
• Assists with auditing academic record changes; document imaging indexing.
• Assists with post conversion validation and updates.
• Responds to a wide range of questions and concerns from students, parents, departmental units, and the public.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter