ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE I
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number S02863P Working Title ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE I Department Academic Enhancement About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department College/Unit/Department website Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Full/Part time Full Time Work Schedule Additional Schedule Information
M-F, 8-5, some evenings as necessary.Advertised Salary Commensurate with experience Posting Date 04/10/2019 Open until filled Yes Closing Date Proposed Starting Date 05/20/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants Location of Vacancy Athens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification Title Office/Clerical Assistant Pay Grade FLSA Job Family Administrative FTE 100 Minimum Qualifications
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualificaitons.Preferred Qualifications Position Summary
The Administrative Associate I position responsibilities will include general reception duties for ARC and DAE programs. Inputting hourly payroll for tutors, management of tutors completion of training documents, implementation of excel sheets and reports for ARC. Serve as liaison for scheduling software issues. Schedule and confirm spaces outside of Milledge Hall for tutoring use. Assist with marketing, events and tutor training. Manage absence requests from tutors. Assist with hiring new tutors. Serve as Building Safety and Security Representative.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
Experience answering phones in a professional setting and familiarity with Microsoft Office software. Experience in the use of excel for spreadsheets and reporting.Physical Demands
Sitting for long hours.Is driving required to perform essential duties outlined in this position? (This does not include infrequent trips) The successful candidate would have to provide proof that s/he has a valid driver's license when offered employment. Does this position have financial responsibilities? No Does this position require a P-Card? No Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? No Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
1. Support of daily operations of Academic Resource Center (ARC) including: booking, cancellation, and correction of tutoring appointments and records; clarifying tutoring policies and communicating availability; updating scheduling records to ensure accurate and representative data management. Ensure cleanliness of space.
2. Entry of hourly payroll for approximately 70+ ARC student staff and communication with ARC Coordinator regarding deadlines, updates, and corrections to timesheets.
3. Schedule and confirm spaces outside of Milledge Hall for tutoring use.
4. Communication with ARC Coordinator to share feedback from students, faculty, and staff as well as clarify schedule changes, policy questions, and staffing changes.
5. Assist with planning and implementation of tutor appreciation events, ARC marketing events, and tutor training.
6. Managing ARC supply inventory and ordering supplies.
1. Serving as main contact point for questions from tutors about scheduling job requirements, and training.
2. Manage absence requests and schedule swaps.
3. Assist with creation of tutoring schedule for semester and finals week.
4. Assist with interviewing and hiring new tutors.
5. Communicate with ARC Coordinator regarding staffing and scheduling issues.
1. Creation, maintenance, and querying in scheduling database to satify annual and special reporting requirements.
2. Generate data for reports, spreadsheets, and other tools for use by ARC Coordinator and Division of Academic Enhancement.
3. Advise ARC Coordinator and other staff concerning records and reports, specially capabilities of record keeping software.
4. Communication with ARC Coordinator to improve reporting and data management.
1. Serve as liaison for scheduling software issues; assist faculty, staff, and students in resolving questions, addressing concerns, correcting records, inputting appointment schedules, and informing appropriate use of software.
2. Train new tutors on scheduling software including but not limited to inputting schedules, creating appointments notes, applying flags, etc.
Contribute to Division initiatives and serve on Division and campus-wide committees, and other duties as assigned.Percentage of time 10 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter