Sponsored Project, Program Associate
Request/Posting Number 0711878
Classification Title Sponsored Project, Program Associate
Working Title Coordinator of Student Support Services
Job Class # 493320
Type of Position Administrative Professional
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100
Department University College - 04910000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The purpose of the position of Coordinator of the TRiO/Student Support Services (SSS) program is to provide administrative and programmatic leadership for TRiO/SSS and to serve as a member of the leadership team for University College. The Coordinator works with the University College leadership team and employees of TRiO/SSS to determine, establish, and implement goals and strategic plans for TRiO/SSS. The Coordinator hires (in cooperation with the University College Director and Associate Director) and supervises employees in TRiO/SSS. The Coordinator works with multiple external campus constituencies in achieving these objectives. The Coordinator is at a comparable administrative level as (and must work cooperatively with) the other Academic Coordinators in University College.
Required Qualifications 1. Master's Degree (preferred in Education, College Student Personnel or related field).
2. Two years related experience in educational administration or TRiO grant programs with particular knowledge of the needs of disadvantaged students.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Successful grant writing experience and grant administration.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively make public presentations.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, communication and teamwork.
4. Ability to multi-task and produce quality work under deadlines; organizational skills; demonstrate flexibility in a changing administrative model.
5. Ability and experience working with diverse populations of students, peers, and public.
6. Working knowledge of basic office software (word processing, spreadsheets, mainframes, databases, etc.).
7. Ability to work independently and without intense supervision, but also effectively contribute to a leadership team with a learner-centered and service-oriented philosophy.
8. Demonstrated experience in working with students, faculty, departmental staff and campus administrators as well as off-campus contacts.
9. Supervisory and/or training experience.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Master's Degree
Hiring Rate/Range Commensurate with Experience
Work Hours MON-FRI from 8:00AM-4:30PM, with some nights and weekends required.
Proposed Starting Date: ASAP
Posting date 04-11-2019
Closing date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity, and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Clay Gruenwald
Departmental Homepage UniversityCollege.IllinoisState.edu
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse)
3. Ability to lift office materials weighing up to ten (10) lbs.
4. Ability to perform sedentary work involving sitting majority of the time.