Compensation and Classification Consultant
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number S02906P Working Title Compensation and Classification Consultant Department Central HR Human Resources AVP About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department College/Unit/Department website Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Full/Part time Full Time Work Schedule Additional Schedule Information
Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm.Advertised Salary $38,000 Posting Date 04/08/2019 Open until filled No Closing Date 04/22/2019 Proposed Starting Date 04/29/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants Location of Vacancy Athens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification Title HR/EEO/OD Paraprofessional/Professional Pay Grade FLSA Job Family FTE 1.0 Minimum Qualifications
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualificaitons.Preferred Qualifications Position Summary
The Compensation and Classification Consultant, under the leadership of the Compensation & Classification Director, is responsible for identifying appropriate classification and compensation for UGA positions against specified salary guidelines for all UGA Staff employees: calculating and processing various salary transactions (i.e., experience verifications, certification upgrades, compensation adjustments and reclassifications); reviewing and approving job descriptions; completing salary surveys; participating in trainings and orientations.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a range of leaders and employees within and external to the central HR office
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, solve problems, make decisions and complete assignments on time
• Ability to handle difficult employment issues in a highly professional and expeditious manner
• Working knowledge of and ability to interpret Federal, State, and Local rules and regulations related to Human Resources, Fair Labor Standards and Compensation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Ability to manage databases; develop charts, tables and graphs
• Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work, with interruptions
• Detail-oriented ability, analytical aptitude
Standard for an office environmentIs driving required to perform essential duties outlined in this position? (This does not include infrequent trips) The successful candidate would have to provide proof that s/he has a valid driver's license when offered employment. Does this position have financial responsibilities? No Does this position require a P-Card? No Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? No Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
• Evaluates salary placement and experience credit for new hires and existing employees based on State and Compensation Guidelines.
• Calculates salaries and pay adjustments for staff new hires, rehires, promotions, demotions, and transfers.
• Uses the compensation module and various HR technology systems to process salary actions, salary recommendations, salary audits, and annual salary uploads/increases on a timeline.
• Assists in the completion of annual salary and merit increases for all employees.
• Conducts and participates in salary surveys; analyzes survey data and prepares reports.
• Scans, uploads and maintains electronic records and tracking spreadsheets/documentation for the Compensation Department.
• Receives, researches and responds to customer inquiries concerning salaries and salary adjustments in a timely and professional manner.Percentage of time 45 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
• Researches and analyzes job classifications to develop competitive position descriptions and classifications that align with industry standards, and to ensure internal parity of compensation levels across UGA departments.
• Conducts job analyses to determine the classifications into which jobs are to be placed based on similarity of the work performed, the difficulty of the work performed, and the qualifications.
• Develops, revises and maintains job descriptions and position details.
• Meets with departmental representatives to discuss changes in employee positions.Percentage of time 45 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
• Attends and participates in UGA Onboarding and New Employee Training sessions.
• Provide in-service training related to human resource services.Percentage of time 10 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter